We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layover in Atlanta Hartsfield

Llandudno, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
170 reviews
Layover in Atlanta Hartsfield

I have a 10 hour layover in Atlanta. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel to get a day room please?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,366 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Layover in Atlanta Hartsfield

Hotels here don't really have daytime or hourly rates. You'd have to pay the full fare. There are many hotels near the airport, but I haven't stayed with any. I would defer to the Tripadvisor ratings.

Llandudno, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
170 reviews
2. Re: Layover in Atlanta Hartsfield

Thanks, but I am informed Marriot offers this for $75.00 plus tax. Don't know how nice it is though so I though I would ask the Trip Advisors.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Layover in Atlanta Hartsfield

There are several Marriott properties near the airport, so you'll need to consult your source for the info on Marriott offering a $75 rate for less-than-full-night stays. Once you know that, what JAtlanta was suggesting was to check the reviews here on TripAdvisor for those properties -- they're typically more useful than the opinions of whoever randomly checks into the forum. And those of us who post regularly mostly live here and so rarely have any reason to rent a hotel room here. You can find the reviews for Atlanta area hotels at tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g60898-Atlanta_Georgi… . Click on the check box for "Southern Atlanta/Airport" to limit the options to hotels in that area.

There is another option that's recently become available at ATL -- a company called Minute Suites has started operating in Concourse B, offering small private rooms equipped with a daybed/sofa, blankets, pillows, a TV, desk, phone, and office chair. It's not cheap ($30 minimum for the first hour, $7.50/quarter hour afterward, with a 25% discount for 8+ hours), but it's inside security at the airport and thus somewhat less of a hassle than leaving the airport. http://www.minutesuites.com

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
110 reviews
4. Re: Layover in Atlanta Hartsfield

That's good to know, rack.

Can you post what you find about Marriott? I didn't know that either. It would be very helpful to know which Marriotts allow that. Is that a corporate policy and you're asking here if it applies to an Atlanta hotel? Or did you have one in mind when you posted?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
441 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Layover in Atlanta Hartsfield

We are planning a trip and the Hilton Garden inn was only $59 a night for the times were were planning so that is less expensive option although you are paying for the entire time and not using it.

Here is the catch. Most hotels won't gaurentee an early check in. so unless your stay is from 4pm-2am you may be out of luck. For example, if you arrive at 8am your room might not be available until 4pm. Most will do an early check in if there are rooms available but there is a risk that one won't be.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
3,977 posts
135 reviews
6. Re: Layover in Atlanta Hartsfield

I was wondering when ATL would get an inside hotel. Minute Suites soundes great, but costly. Since ATL is my home base I don't know if I will get a chance to use it, but sometimes when I am traveling ATL still winds up being a layover for me.

7. Re: Layover in Atlanta Hartsfield

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2010, 05:16