We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

breeze card for marta

Saint John
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Topic
breeze card for marta

I have a breeze card from 2 years ago when I visited and I am wondering if I can just reload it when i come this year. Do they still use them

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
147 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: breeze card for marta

Let us know if you can do that with a breeze card. I gave up using MARTA for a lot of reasons, but the breeze card scam was one of them. At one time, the cards had an expiration notice on them. So if you use MARTA infrequently, you had to pay again to get a new breeze card.

So I hope you can reload the card. There is nothing on their website that indicates one way or the other whether they expire - not that I could find.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: breeze card for marta

There are two types of Breeze media -- a paper Breeze "ticket" that is reloadable but only valid for 90 days from purchase, and a plastic Breeze "card" that is reloadable and reusable indefinitely. The "ticket" is an additional 50 cents to purchase, while the "card" is $5 (but includes two one-way trips, which is $4 at current fares).

Here's the skinny: www.breezecard.com/htm/ticket_card.html

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,713 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: breeze card for marta

vickshow - On weekends the westbound trains run every 15 minutes. There are two (Bankhead and HOmes) so either will work.

Saint John
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: breeze card for marta

Nighthawk I was able to reload the marta card that I had bought 2 years ago. Worked like a charm

15. Re: breeze card for marta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2010, 05:16