We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one night, one day

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
130 reviews
one night, one day

Hello all! We are coming to Richmond for my niece's wedding. We are staying at the Berkley Hotel, without a car. I've been to visit before but usually stay with family. We've done some of the tourist things in the past. Since the family is occupied with wedding business, we are free on Friday evening, and Saturday until about 3pm. Any suggestions for dinner? Budget isn't a concern, so feel free to suggest anything. I would like to be able to walk, and we are fine with a dressed for dinner walk that isn't really longer than 20 minutes one way. Same thing with the next day. I was looking at the Holocaust museum, but notice it doesn't open till 11am. Will 4 hours be enough there?

Thank you for any thoughts and suggestions!

4 replies to this topic
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
22,460 posts
293 reviews
1. Re: one night, one day

Joe's inn less than 10 minute walk, very family friendly... I would make reservations.

VMFA about a 15 minute walk, Amuse Restaurant excellent..Do make reservations for lunch

Level Contributor
824 posts
2. Re: one night, one day

What dates are you traveling? This weekend?

You could walk up to Broad St and catch the Pulse bus and go east to Rocketts Landing and eat at The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing. or Conch Republic.

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
3. Re: one night, one day

Most of my favorite restaurants downtown right now are along Grace St. Look into Julep's, Rappahannock, Pasture, or Maya. In the same block where you're staying is Bistro Bobette. You cannot go wrong with any of these choices.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
130 reviews
4. Re: one night, one day

We will be in town Oct 5, the wedding is Oct 6, departing crack of dawn on the 7th. 22Tango, I've already checked menus at 3 of the restaurants you mentioned! JoyZ, thank you for the suggestions. Thank you Kesh!

Reply to: one night, one day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted