We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel areas

Salem, MA
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Hotel areas

Hello,

We are coming to Richmond for a few days in September, with the main purpose of visiting breweries. I'm trying to figure out the best place to stay. If we stay downtown are there restaurants/bars walkable? I know we'll have to drive to breweries. Most if not all of the downtown hotels charge for parking, so I'm wondering if it's worth it or if we should stay outside of downtown. Any advice is appreciated!

thanks

4 replies to this topic
~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
217 reviews
1. Re: Hotel areas

You’ll have a great time visiting the breweries! Most are in an area called “Scott’s Addition”, with a few scattered near downtown and Stone on the other side of Downtown. Downtown is really your best bet of where to stay, because there aren’t any decent hotels near Scott’s Addition.

Yes, downtown is walkable with restaurants and bars. If you don’t want to pay for hotel parking, you can easily find a spot on the street. It will be free parking on the weekends and free after like 5PM on weekdays.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Hotel areas

You don't have to drive to breweries! Why limit yourself (or someone in your group) to only one beer? Take the GRTC Pulse (bus rapid transit) between downtown and Scott's Addition. It runs up and down Broad St. at least every 15 minutes, every day until 11:30pm.

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
3. Re: Hotel areas

If you don't want to stay downtown, and the Pulse isn't convenient to where you're staying, use Uber or Lyft to get around. No drinking and driving, and no designated driver needed.

If you want walkability around the hotel, the best place to stay is downtown or in the Shockoe Slip area, and pay to park.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
600 posts
152 reviews
4. Re: Hotel areas

Check out "brew ridge trail" beautiful scenery, lots and lots of breweries.

Reply to: Hotel areas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted