We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anchor Inn

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Anchor Inn

Does anyone know the status of Anchor Inn? Did they/are they going to reopen next year?

Grand Island...
Level Contributor
174 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anchor Inn

Last I saw on the news they are waiting for permits to start reno, delayed waiting for multiple government agencies. :(

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anchor Inn

Yes, I saw on the news that they were inside prior to having authorization to do repairs so they got slapped on the hand for that but it appeared that they have every intention of being open for business in 2012.

I would check their website for current info - it has nothing about an opening date yet.

www (dot) anchorinnbar (dot) com

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anchor Inn

The City of Omaha ruled this week that the Anchor Inn would NOT be allowed to rebuild due to the flooding problems and zoning issues.

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anchor Inn

Thanks for the replies, I must have missed that on the news. It's too bad if they're not reopening, it's a neat place to hang out in the summer time. I haven't been there too much since I moved from Omaha. Also, the river has been pretty much unboatable (is that a word?)the last few summers.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
124 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anchor Inn

The Anchor Inn just announce they are moving their location to 72nd and Q. I think it is a total waste. The fun party was going down by the river.

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anchor Inn

So now it will be just another bar. Boring.

7. Re: Anchor Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Omaha