We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Granddaughter Seattle University

Peoria, Arizona
Level Contributor
14 posts
63 reviews
Visiting Granddaughter Seattle University

We want to visit Oct 15 - 18. My searches often come up with places near The BIG University...

Can anyone give me a heads up on how to be sure I am near Seattle U. Also, we picked this wknd as the following is Parents/alumni wknd, thinking it would be cheaper/easier...are we right?

If not this neighborhood, what is second best? Thanks!

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,623 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Visiting Granddaughter Seattle University

Silver Cloud Broadway is the one hotel very near to the Seattle U campus. Other places to stay in the area (Capitol Hill, Central District) would be B&Bs.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,932 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Visiting Granddaughter Seattle University

The Hotel Sorrento is another option nearby. http://hotelsorrento.com/

Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/19siz

Washington
Level Contributor
6,144 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Visiting Granddaughter Seattle University

Hi lona s,

How lovely to spend the weekend with your granddaughter! The Silver Cloud on Broadway is a Northwest hotel chain right out SU's back door, a very good hotel and convenient location for your purposes. The Silver Cloud has an indoor pool + spa.

I would also highly recommend the historic, boutique Sorrento Hotel, a few more blocks west from SU on Madison, closer to downtown, but Sorrento also offers a car service within the downtown core - very convenient when you don't want to walk.

Regarding which weekend is cheaper - personally I would price both, and see if there is a difference. There are activities and events during the SU family weekend that you and your granddaughter may enjoy attending.

https:/…

Peoria, Arizona
Level Contributor
14 posts
63 reviews
4. Re: Visiting Granddaughter Seattle University

Thank You..

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,623 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: Visiting Granddaughter Seattle University

Oooh, good call on The Sorrento. LOVE that hotel! Much more interesting than Silver Cloud and not all that much further from campus.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
3,190 posts
179 reviews
6. Re: Visiting Granddaughter Seattle University

The good solutions have been mostly addressed above: Silver Cloud and Sorrento.

However, if there is an event at the University though you may find those booked. You can use the map search in TripAdvisor and also in AirBNB to generate additional options.

Technically I think Seattle University is divided between the First Hill neighborhood and the Central District. Capitol Hill is immediately to the north. The Central District is to the East, NE and SE of the campus.

Keep in mind that in both Capitol Hill and the Central District are large neighborhoods. You could find lodgings that are further away from the campus than staying downtown. The furthest reaches of the Central District are 1.5- 2 miles from Seattle University.

The north end of Capitol Hill is also about 2 miles from the campus. But the Homewood Suites at Pike and Terry is maybe .7 miles from the campus and is also convenient to good restaurants and the center of downtown.

I would also not rule out downtown hotels if the closest options don't work out. The eastern edge of the central portion of downtown is a mile or less from the campus. The Fairmont Olympic is maybe 3/4 of a mile to the campus. The Sheraton is about .9 miles from the university. The Renaissance is about .8 miles. There are some other options. The Arctic club is about the same (.7-.8 miles). These distances are all to the edge closest edge coming from the hotel.

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,623 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: Visiting Granddaughter Seattle University

I agree. There wouldn't be any problem staying at any hotel in the downtown Seattle core, if you get stuck. It's only ~2 miles from the Seattle U campus.

Peoria, Arizona
Level Contributor
14 posts
63 reviews
8. Re: Visiting Granddaughter Seattle University

Wow, Thank you for the detailed info. Before I saw this I found an AirBnB a few blocks from campus....hope it is OK! Keeping life interesting!

9. Re: Visiting Granddaughter Seattle University

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2016, 05:17