We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andra or hotel 1000

Manchester
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Andra or hotel 1000

Can't decide between these two. Going alone so important to be in a good area, but obviously want the best hotel.

Thx!!

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,712 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Andra or hotel 1000

They are similar hotels I think (disclaimer I live here and haven't stayed at either). To me the biggest difference is their locations. Hotel 1000 is more south in downtown towards Pioneer Square. Hotel Andra more north in the Belltown part of downtown. I slightly prefer Hotel Andra's surrounding area, but it's really a toss up.

welcome to seattle, suze

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Andra or hotel 1000

I don't know the Hotel 1000, but I have visited the Andra, often eaten at their excellent restaurant, and talked to their manager. The Andra is lovely, with great beds and a perfect location. Lola, their restaurant serves wonderful breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. Their one flaw, in my opinion, is that you cannot cool the bedrooms below 68 degrees. I discussed this with the manager during my trip to check them out, and that's what he told me. I found the rooms to be too warm, a shame because everything else was great. If a warmish room doesn't bother you, go with the Andra.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Andra or hotel 1000

I've stayed at both the Andra and Hotel 1000 extensively. Both are very good hotels. I'd say that Hotel 1000 is slightly spiffier, with fancier rooms and amenities, but the Andra's restaurant, Lola, has really excellent breakfasts. The location and price would probably be deciding factors as to which you want to stay at... both are pretty close to the various tourist destinations, Andra is closer to Belltown, 1000 to Pioneer Square and the waterfront.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Andra or hotel 1000

Hotel 1000 was an excellent hotel when I was there 8 months ago. Amazing staff, lovely restaurant, and it felt very high class. My partner and I both had colds, and really appreciated the lovely view, and comfy beds so that we could see some nice bits of Seattle while recovering. Highly recommend.

monmouth oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Andra or hotel 1000

Haven't stayed at the Andra, mainly because Hotel 1000 is our favorite and we always stay there. Great location, rooms are amazing and the staff is just the best there is anywhere.

Seattle, WA
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Andra or hotel 1000

Hi, I'm Kelsey from Hotel Andra - we would love to have you stay with us! I would agree with the reviewers above in regard to our excellent Belltown location and Lola breakfast, and we have also just installed brand new mattresses throughout the hotel for the ultimate sleep experience. If I can answer any questions or help you make a reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Kelsey Hunsinger

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Andra or hotel 1000

Kelsey, if you will allow guests to set the bedroom thermostat to 64 degrees at night, my family will stay with you forever. You have a lovely hotel, wonderful beds, a great restaurant with fabulous breakfasts, and the best guest bathrooms in the city. It's just that your thermostats are set too high for us to get a good night's sleep..

8. Re: Andra or hotel 1000

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2013, 10:23