We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with dinner plans

Miami FL
Level Contributor
446 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Help with dinner plans

Hello

We will be in Seattle 1 night pre-cruise and 2 post cruise

for the pre-cruise nite (Sat nite) I booked Dahlia Lounge

For the post cruise (Sunday/Monday nite) we wanted to book the Space Needle Restaurant. What time/day (sun or mon??) would be best to enjoy the observation deck? Can we go to the observation deck before dinner?

Also we saw a food network show that had Ballard Market - how far is that from DT Seattle - is it worth this trip?

Lastly any recs for Seafood Restaurants?

Thank u in advance!!

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,371 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with dinner plans

The elevator ride and observation deck visit are included in the price of your dinner at the Space Needle. Best time of day depends on the weather and what you want to photograph. Sunset is currently about 8:45-9:00 PM.

Not sure about 'Ballard Market.' Do you mean the store or the farmers market?

townandcountrymarkets.com/ballard/location.h…

…wordpress.com/ballard-farmers-market/

Tons of seafood restaurants here and most restaurants have a seafood selection. For lunch I would head to Emmet Watson's Oyster Bar in the Pike Place Market. For dinner I would head to Ivar's (pier 54) or Anthony's (pier 66). I'm sure others will chime in with more suggestions.

www.ivars.com/index.php…

www.anthonys.com/restaurants/info/pier66.html

Miami FL
Level Contributor
446 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with dinner plans

Thanks for the reply - the Farmer's market I was referring to

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with dinner plans

I like to be at the needle at twilight, so beginning right at sunset and staying through twilight. Ideal conditions? Full moon and a clear sky. But you can't pick the phase of the moon while you're here!

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,137 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with dinner plans

I love the Ballard Farmer's Market, on Sunday, it's great, but not sure if I would make the trip just for the market as a visitor. That said, I like to shop in old Ballard, plenty of great restaurants, you can continue on to the Ballard Locks. So it would be a fun way to make a day of it sightseeing beyond downtown. It is possible to get to Ballard via Metro Transit. Farmer's Markets are very common in many of our neighborhoods. If you are staying downtown, you are right next to one of the grandaddy's of all markets - the Pike Place Market.

If you did want to trek beyond downtown, also on a Sunday, I would head to the Fremont Market (the Fremont neighborhood borders Ballard) it's the "original" and uniquely Seattle market, with a little of everything with a wide variety of vendors - produce, food, crafts, antiques, art, music, etc.

http://www.fremontmarket.com/SplashMay.html

http://ballardfarmersmarket.wordpress.com/

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with dinner plans

I have never been to the market in Ballard, and will have to go. I do love the Fremont Sunday market.

6. Re: Help with dinner plans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 16:19