We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which gas cards to get--Exxon, Shell, or BP?

Central Mississippi
Level Contributor
79 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Which gas cards to get--Exxon, Shell, or BP?

I'm cashing in some credit card points for gas cards. I have a choice of Exxon/Mobil, Shell, or BP. Which are the most common brands in Seattle or in Washington generally? We'll be spending 5 days in Seattle and 5 more days in the rest of the state.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which gas cards to get--Exxon, Shell, or BP?

i'd say Shell.

Plus if you have a Kroger or other grocery card you get 10 cents off/gallon for every $100/spent.

shell.us/home/…

Central Mississippi
Level Contributor
79 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which gas cards to get--Exxon, Shell, or BP?

Thanks so much, IslandGrl. Actually, Kroger is our regular grocery store, but I didn't know if Kroger had stores in Washington, so that info is very helpful.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which gas cards to get--Exxon, Shell, or BP?

Here there Kroger brands are QFC and Fred Meyer. There are some, but not many QFC and Fred Meyer stores that have gas stations. Otherwise Shell has the partnership.

Also Safeway, if you have those, has good gas deals. I am currently getting 30 cents off/gallon there. Just can't beat that!

Costco, again, if you are a member, has very good gas prices

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which gas cards to get--Exxon, Shell, or BP?

Kroger owns QFC (Quality Food Centers) and Fred Meyer stores in Washington state.

Central Mississippi
Level Contributor
79 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which gas cards to get--Exxon, Shell, or BP?

Alas, there are no Safeway or Costco stores in my state, and Kroger is just Kroger. I would not have known the connection of QFC and Fred Meyer to Kroger without this info. Saving a few pennies a gallon may not really amount to much, but it makes me feel a little better anyway.

Thanks to both of you for the help.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
109 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which gas cards to get--Exxon, Shell, or BP?

I'd say BP or Shell.

7. Re: Which gas cards to get--Exxon, Shell, or BP?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 12:18