We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oysters and Beer

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Marion, MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Oysters and Beer

About 15 years ago my husband and I were in Seattle and went to a restaurant (15 min drive in cab) that was dark, casual (no on the water) that specialized in @15 different kinds of raw, shucked oysters (each one described on a big chalk board) and @ 15 kinds of locally brewed beers. We are all arriving on Wednesday for our son's graduation from college, and would love to take the whole family there, but cannot remember the name. Any ideas? Hope it's still in business, as whole family LOVES raw oysters and the 20-somethings LOVE beer! If no one knows the name of this restaurant, any other ideas? We're staying downtown, just for Wednesday night, and then off to Olympia, WA. Thanks !!!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oysters and Beer

I can't help with where you were, but The Brooklyn downtown has an excellent happy hour with oysters for $1 and good beers on tap.

http://www.thebrooklyn.com/

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oysters and Beer

Doesn't ring a bell either, but alot changes in 15 years.

Most specifically are the regular happy hours have been introduced over the last couple years - and several "oyster" happy hours - and are located downtown and *most* bars & restaurants in the Seattle area will feature some decent local microbrews too.

For an oyster happy hour I would head to The Brooklyn, Happy hour 4-6:30 daily, Elliott's Oyster House, 3-6 M-F, Shuckers 3-5 M-F, Seastar 3:30-6 M-F, In particular, Elliott's is known for it's progressive happy hour, with oysters the cheapest at 3pm, going up in price every 1/2 hour.

If happy hour doesn't matter, then The Brooklyn, Elliott's, Emmett Watson's (in the Market), Shuckers ($$$).

Marion, MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oysters and Beer

Thank you so much. The other person to respond also recommended The Brooklyn. We'll try it!

Marion, MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oysters and Beer

Sounds like The Brooklyn or Elliotts will be perfect. Thanks so much for all your help!

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
5,905 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Oysters and Beer

Sounds like Shuckers at the Olympic Hotel. Still there, still great. Bring money.

fairmont.com/seattle/…Shuckers.htm

Am I right?

Marion, MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oysters and Beer

Thanks so much. You are # 3 reply to recommend The Brooklyn as first choice in Seattle for oyster happy hour. We'll go there !!! Is is downtown? What area/address? We fly in from Boston/NYC on Wednesday 6/8 and stay near Pike Place before driving to Olympia on Thursday for the Friday (yeah !!!) graduation from Evergreen State on Friday. Big family from Boston, none who have seen Seattle or Olympia except us (dad and me, when we dropped him off 4 yrs ago), so any and all suggestions for our one night in Seattle and then 3 nights in Olympia, WA, will be so gratefully accepted.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,172 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oysters and Beer

The Brooklyn

1212 2nd Avenue

Seattle, WA 98101-2926

(206) 224-7000

www.thebrooklyn.com

8. Re: Oysters and Beer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 05:19