We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Marriott for 3 day stay?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Kingstown...
Level Contributor
44 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Best Marriott for 3 day stay?

We will be taking a cruise out of Alaska and want to spend a few days in Seattle. We have Marriott points so teh rooms won't cost un anything. For first time visitors, what is the best Marriott to stay in? thanks

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,336 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Marriott for 3 day stay?

it would be helpful if you listed your choices so we don't have to search for the info. In any case there is a new Marriott Courtyard in Pioneer Sq. Its pretty central but my favorite two would be the Renaiissance or the Waterfront Marriott. The waterfront one is across from Pier 66 where Celebrity and NCL leave from. The issue with the waterfront is that everything you want to do is up hill from there or a short cab ride. The Renaissance is also at the top of a steep hill but more walkable into the the heart of downtown. Those would be my choices. The other locations at Lk Union are ok but would always require a shuttle or bus ride to get into the heart of downtown.

South Kingstown...
Level Contributor
44 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Marriott for 3 day stay?

Thank you. We are taking a Carnival cruise and traveling w/others who have teens so I will look into the more walkable location.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Marriott for 3 day stay?

>> Thank you. We are taking a Carnival cruise and traveling w/others who have teens so I will look into the more walkable location. <<

In that case you might look at the Residence Inn at South Lake Union. It has family-friendly rooms (some two-bedroom units, ideal for families with kids) and has a streetcar at the front door with service to the commercial center, Pike Market, etc.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,075 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Marriott for 3 day stay?

I too would start with the Marriott Residence Inn on Lake Union. A big $ stretcher if you have teens or a group, as breakfast is included and as is free internet. Very nice indoor pool. Downside of the property is it is located just slightly beyond downtown in the Lake Union area, and with the Seattle Streetcar right outside the front door, it really isn't an issue. I really like the Lake Union area, with the new Lake Union Park, plenty of family friendly restaurants in the area.

After that, it is kinda of toss up btwn the Renaissance and the Waterfront Marriott, depending on your needs. Both hotels have pools and fitness centers. I like the indoor/outdoor pool at the waterfront Marriott, especially on a sunny day, but the Renaissance has a nice indoor facility. Both hotels charge for internet use. I like the access to the waterfront that the Waterfront Marriott has, but it is somewhat isolated from downtown and other activities. You will find yourself walking quite a bit (hills included) or taking a cab for restaurants, etc, though there are some good restaurants along the waterfront. The Renaissance is in the downtown core, which will provide you better access to restaurants and other activities. Both hotels are inside the free bus zone.

Below are maps of the free bus zone as well as the downtown transit map. The transit map has alot of detail, but it does locate hotels which is helpful.

…kingcounty.gov/tops/…m_seattle-rfa.html

…kingcounty.gov/tops/…CBDSeattleMap_1010.pdf

South Kingstown...
Level Contributor
44 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Marriott for 3 day stay?

Your response was incredibly helpful..Thanks so much. I will follow up with the info you provided..thanks again for your help

6. Re: Best Marriott for 3 day stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2012, 05:33