We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel on July 4th

Dayton,Ohio
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
travel on July 4th

We are currently in Sequim, WA and need to be in Bellevue, WA tomorrow. I have been looking at the routes, (Bremerton, Bainbridge, Edmonds Ferry or driving around by expressway through Tacoma. Could someone please suggest which way would be best? We are also planning on going to St James Cathedral tomorrow morning around noon-1pm. With the 4th of July traffic, how much time do you think we should allow to get there? We are going there before Bellevue.

Edited: 04 July 2010, 05:30
Mentioned in this post
Sequim
Sequim
Washington
Bellevue
Bellevue
Washington
Bremerton
Bremerton
Washington
Tacoma
Tacoma
Washington
Saint James Cathedral
Saint James Cathedral
70 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Best Seller
Seattle CityPASS
361 Reviews
from US$89.00*
Mt. Rainier Day Trip from Seattle
254 Reviews
from US$134.99*
Mt. Rainier Day Tour from Seattle
552 Reviews
from US$148.00*
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,020 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel on July 4th

Noticed no one has yet replied, but you might take a look here for current traffic conditions before you leave. Personally, I'd avoid the ferries.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/

BTW, your post was timed on July 4th; you said "tomorrow", unsure if you mean the 4th or 5th.

Edited: 04 July 2010, 16:39
western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel on July 4th

My daughter just got back from downtown and she reports light traffic so far. The bad traffic will mainly be in the north end (Gasworks/ U District / Fremont as people go to the fireworks display.

Sounds like the OP is underway, but this might help someone.

I wouldn't avoid the ferries -- they are often the most direct, least highway -involved route.

Mentioned in this post
Fremont
Fremont
291 Reviews
Seattle, WA
3. Re: travel on July 4th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2011, 06:18