We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfront Marriott to Gasworks Park

Iowa
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Waterfront Marriott to Gasworks Park

Can someone give me instructions how to get to Gasworks Park from the Marriot using public transportation?

How about getting back after the fireworks (11:00 PM)?

seattle, wa
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterfront Marriott to Gasworks Park

Walk 0.3 mile NE from 2100 ALASKAN WAY to

Depart 3rd Ave & Virginia St At 01:27 PM On Route MT 26 East Green Lake

Arrive Wallingford Ave N & N 35th St At 01:43 PM

Walk 0.3 mile SE to 2101 N NORTHLAKE WAY

Regular CASH Fare Reduced Fare with Permit

$ 2.00 $ 0.75

Which Marriot are you staying at? this is from the waterfront. there's also a courtyard Marriot on Lk. union.

After the fire works, (I don't know when the buses stop running) but I'd walk a bit.. (to get away from the crowd) maybe to university district (just follow I-5) and it'll bring you to the main strip and I'd flag a cab.

I hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Green Lake Park
Green Lake Park
1,021 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,017 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterfront Marriott to Gasworks Park

Good point about which Marriot. If truly downtown, perhaps these directions are good. If at the Lake Union location, you can see the fireworks from the south end of the lake, which is small, and avoid the after fireworks chaos at the north end. In any event, you might consider using the south end as a viewing site.

Edited: 01 July 2010, 22:13
Mentioned in this post
Lake Union
Lake Union
257 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle
Level Contributor
49,570 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterfront Marriott to Gasworks Park

guys the title of this posts says the WATERFRONT Marriott -suze

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,017 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterfront Marriott to Gasworks Park

I know; that's in part why I said "if truly downtown" in case the Lake Union one were mistakenly ID'd as waterfront. Why not, Lake Union. :) And I think iLOVEcoffee206 got it as well and her answer acknowledged that location in detail. In any event, most of us including you and me would caution the OP about joining the hordes at the N. End.

Edited: 02 July 2010, 00:23
Mentioned in this post
Lake Union
Lake Union
257 Reviews
Seattle, WA
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,056 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waterfront Marriott to Gasworks Park

traffic afterwards is an absolute zoo. You might consider a boat cruise that most likely would leave from Lk Union or perhaps near your hotel.

why not check argosy cruises? or ask your concierge.

6. Re: Waterfront Marriott to Gasworks Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2010, 06:17