We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September temps at Alki Beach

Chicago
Level Contributor
524 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
September temps at Alki Beach

Hello! I was thinking of a ride out to Alki Beach for an afternoon or an evening (perhaps with a beach bonfire) on our trip during the second week of September. Being from Chicago, I know temps can vary quite a bit from our lakefront to further inland. What are the day and evening temps usually like on the beach in September?

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Alki Beach
Alki Beach
916 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Best Seller
Seattle CityPASS
361 Reviews
from US$89.00*
Mt. Rainier Day Trip from Seattle
254 Reviews
from US$134.99*
Mt. Rainier Day Tour from Seattle
552 Reviews
from US$148.00*
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September temps at Alki Beach

September, especially the 1st half, is one of the drier and sunnier times of year in Seattle (late-July to mid-Sept being the full range). Not so say it can't rain then but usual weather pattern is for clear and somewhat warm. Figure highs in 70's for day and 50-ish for night. If there is a warm downslope wind from the NE it may cool off a bit crossing the bay but not too much. Even then if 80's inland it would only moderate to normal 70's.

Not sure about that bonfire though. The area is pretty crowded and urban along the road and it might not be allowed. I don't ever recall seeing fire pits or even charcoal grill stands driving by there.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,020 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September temps at Alki Beach

I believe fires are allowed, but must be within "fire rings".

cityofseattle.net/PARKS/…fire.htm

westseattleblog.com/west-seattle-101-beach-f…

Edited: 01 July 2010, 19:00
Chicago
Level Contributor
524 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September temps at Alki Beach

Sounds perfect! Thanks for the info.

4. Re: September temps at Alki Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2010, 07:44