We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train travel..

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Train travel..

Hello.

4 of us will be visiting Zlin in July and staying hotel garni in the city centre. We are flying into Brno airport. Could someone please advise us on how to get to the hotel by train or would we be better getting a bus? Also roughly how much would it cost us.

37 replies to this topic
Brno, Czech Republic
Level Contributor
97 posts
31. Re: Train travel..

Yes, that one in Brno is out of order for ages. I live in Brno ten years and I've never seen it working. But it can be dangerous sometimes. Few years ago there was an accident in Zlin. One woman put her leg into a gap between cabins so badly, that even safety system was unable to stop the lift and she lost her leg eventually. And last month there was another paternoster accident in Prague, when an old lady was stuck somewhat there in the gap between cabin and wall and she was hanging there upside down. Firemen had come to rescue her, fortunately she wasn't harmed.

Those accidents are rare, but one should be careful while using such device. If you are brave enough, you can even try to pass through the last storey. It was some kind of initiation experience for young Zlin boys in the old days.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
32. Re: Train travel..

If you are looking for a good restaurant in Zlin I would recommend you these:

http://www.plzenskarestaurace.eu/ (typical Czech, highly recommended)

http://www.aston-zlin.cz/ (a bit posh, but good cuisine)

http://www.potrefenahusa.eu/restaurace/zlin (quite good beer)

All of them are within walking distance from hotel Garni (max. 15 minutes)

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
33. Re: Train travel..

Hi, thanks for your post in 2012, I hope it still applies. I wondered if I can get a bus straight from Brno Airport to Zlin or do I have to travel into Brno centre first to catch a bus to Zlin?

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. We are travelling at the end of June.

Thanks.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
42,535 posts
104 reviews
34. Re: Train travel..

…idnes.cz/vlakyautobusymhdvse/spojeni/

for english click bottom right

there is no change, bus 76 to Zvonarka, change for Zlin bus.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
31,035 posts
17 reviews
35. Re: Train travel..

What time will you be arriving at Brno airport?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
42,535 posts
104 reviews
36. Re: Train travel..

To: Zlin

Brno, Czech Republic
Level Contributor
54 posts
5 reviews
37. Re: Train travel..

Wow, I almost forgot about this 4 years old thread. Everything in this thread still applies, just the trains between Otrokovice and Vizovice got better (air-conditioning!), beer selection at MoR has improved (now it's like a beer tasting festival with music). And I got older, so the last time we didn't camp and went to hotel Garni instead.

Reply to: Train travel..
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zlin
More Zlin Topics