We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train travel..

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Train travel..

Hello.

4 of us will be visiting Zlin in July and staying hotel garni in the city centre. We are flying into Brno airport. Could someone please advise us on how to get to the hotel by train or would we be better getting a bus? Also roughly how much would it cost us.

37 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
42,262 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train travel..

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274714-i1153-k5…

useful advice how to get from the airport to Brno (bus station near the central railway station)

The easiest and quickest from brno to Olomouc is by bus..Student Agency bus...the cost for 4 adults is 420 crowns.

Train will take almost twice as long, but will cost circa 350 crowns for 4 adults.

http://www.studentagency.eu/

cd.cz/en/vnitrostatni-cestovani/default.htm

to find connections from Brno to Olomouc by train.....you can buy the group ticket on the day

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train travel..

Thank you very much for reply.. Its a great help

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Train travel..

Hey guys, I travel from Brno to Zlin regularly and I don¨t understand why you want to go via Olomouc...it¨s too far and complicated.

There are regular buses from Brno which go directly to Zlin and it takes only 1,5 hour. These buses depart from the big bus station in Brno called Zvonarka and go to one of the two bus stations in Zlin (but both are in the city centre).

You can find more info on www.idos.cz or you can text me if you want:-)

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,944 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train travel..

I was assuming there was some other message somewhere that specified a need to go to Olomouc but yes - much better to go direct.

To get to the Zvonařka bus station you get the bus 76 directly from the airport. You can't miss the bus station - it is a great big ugly concrete thing. Most buses to Zlín go from stands 13 or 14.

5. Re: Train travel..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 February 2012, 14:39

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train travel..

Thank you for your message that sounds a lot better. The shorter the journey the better. Dont need to go to Olomouc.. So that sounds like the best way to travel

Edited: 27 February 2012, 14:06
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
30,944 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train travel..

You don't need Student Agency as that will take you via Olomouc where you change to the bus to Zlín. Just use a direct bus straight to Zlín - pay the driver, cost 110 crowns each.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
42,262 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train travel..

Apologies, I was thinking Olomouc for some reason....

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
30,944 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Train travel..

Too much of that kosher Slivovitz from your avatar? :) (about time I changed mine - need to get PraguePivo to choose another one for me ... )

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
42,262 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Train travel..

I usually refrain in the morning.......in the afternoon that's another story:)

Reply to: Train travel..
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zlin
More Zlin Topics