We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shared accommodation

Kendal, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
shared accommodation

hi

im looking to go on a ski season 2016/2017 and have left it extremely late to organise everything.

looking to share accommodation with anyone that needs an extra person to reduce costs.

Himmlhof
Himmlhof
#1 of 57 hotels in St. Anton am Arlberg
Hotel Gletscherblick
Hotel Gletscherblick
#2 of 57 hotels in St. Anton am Arlberg
Der Waldhof
Der Waldhof
#3 of 57 hotels in St. Anton am Arlberg
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
23,538 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shared accommodation

it is by no means too late to arrange accommodation! but i certainly would not be advertising to share with a stranger!

Kendal, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: shared accommodation

do you have any recommendations of where i can try and find some where?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
23,538 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shared accommodation

not really. but if you contact the st anton tourism site they should be able to help. alternatively try crystal ski or inghams as they have catered chalets and can accommodate singles.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
944 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shared accommodation

Last people you want to be tying for seasonal accommodation are the likes of Crystal and Inghams! Seasonal accommodation is hard to find in St Anton, not always cheap and often shared. Don't rule out living further down the valley in Pettneu or Schnann. Try the tourist office, they will give you a list of seasonal accommodation providers to then contact. Also get on the various St Anton groups on Facebook, plenty of people in your position looking to share accommodation and find jobs.

Mentioned in this post
St. Anton
St. Anton
1,387 Reviews
St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
23,538 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shared accommodation

well, i have used both inghams and crystal to get single rooms in their chalets and have had absolutely no complaints about them. the op should still contact them . and i would never recommend that you advertise to share accommodation. who knows....jack the ripper might be looking for a new companion.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
944 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shared accommodation

For a holiday, yes, Crystal etc. would work, but not for seasonal accommodation. Wouldn't be of much use for the OP, they don't open the chalets until a week or two after the lifts open, cost for a week in a chalet would be not much different to a month in seasonal accommodation. Plus handover so from the chalet owners aren't likely to have occurred yet so the TO's wouldn't be able to offer the rooms anyway.

Oliver, it you do have any questions, give me a shout, I've worked a few seasons in the Arlberg so know the score.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Arlberg
Hotel Arlberg
251 Reviews
St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria
7. Re: shared accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2017, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about St. Anton am Arlberg