We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New lift

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New lift

Hey all! Does anyone from St-Anton know what is the status of the new lift between St-Anton and Lech?

I'm trying to get an understanding of whether it'll be complete before mid-January

Mentioned in this post
St. Anton
St. Anton
1,387 Reviews
St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria
Lech
Lech
Vorarlberg, Austria
1. Re: New lift

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 October 2016, 12:11
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New lift

All the websites say that it will open in the 2016/17 season. There will definitely be no construction work during the season so it will have to open at the beginning of winter . Also, ticket prices for Ski Arlberg are posted on the websites of participating resorts, so I'd say Ski Arlberg will go live at the start of the season.

Mentioned in this post
Ski Arlberg
Ski Arlberg
664 Reviews
Lech, Austria
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
944 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New lift

Yup the link up is due to be finished before the start of this coming Winter (lifts open Dec 4th IIRC), so hopefully all the lifts should be complete by then. There are photos available on the German language Alpinforum of the work in progress, not checked it for a while but last I saw they were getting the cables in place for some of lifts.

Not sure what Stefan means above about Ski Arlberg going live, it's existed for a long time already and the pass still covers the same area it has since the last expansion when Warth/Schroeken were included with the construction of the Auenfeld connecting lift.

Edit: and if the Flexenbahn isn't finished by the start of season the I guess they'll go back to what they've used for seasons before and run free busses between Alpe Rauz, Zuers and Lech.

Edited: 07 October 2016, 18:19
Mentioned in this post
Ski Arlberg
Ski Arlberg
664 Reviews
Lech, Austria
Lech
Lech
Vorarlberg, Austria
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New lift

I was not aware that the pass covered the whole area before you could ski it contiguously.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
944 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New lift

I've been skiing the Arlberg since 2008/09 and it was an area pass back then. Didn't include Warth/Schroeken as that connection wasn't built, but did include Pettneu, although skiing there is no more since the lift company went bust. They don't really do a local area lift pass (unless you are a resident) and it also includes Sonnenkopf which once the link up is complete will be the only part not directly linked (free bus links Sonnenkopf to Stuben).

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Arlberg
Hotel Arlberg
251 Reviews
St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria
6. Re: New lift

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2017, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Anton am Arlberg