We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski hire in St Anton

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Ski hire in St Anton

Going to St Anton early - mid January. Not been for a few years, but ski hire seems to have gone up a bit, (hire in Val d'isere is cheaper - possibly because of the competition). Anybody got any suggestions who to use, please, to get a decent deal?

Mentioned in this post
St. Anton
St. Anton
1,404 Reviews
St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria
Val d'Isere
Val d'Isere
Savoie, France
Ruislip, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ski hire in St Anton

We are going to StAnton on the 23/01/2016 and have had Hervis recommended to us.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
254 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ski hire in St Anton

Talk about serendipity, I was just about to post this very question to the forum and here it is, answered! The prices at Hervis seem a bit lower than the first couple of places I checked, and it's fairly close to the hotel I booked (The Edelweiss). There is also 10% off if you make web reservations (though that seems to be typical).

For those who have rented from them before, how is the walk from their shop to the lift? It's a bit hard to tell from Google Maps, close as the crow flies but not sure of the actual path...

London, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Ski hire in St Anton

How did you get on with using Hervis for your Ski hire? I am off in a few weeks and still struggling to get it organised.

We are staying in the Nasserein area, but happy if the ski hire shop is close to the main lifts / slopes in town to drop them off after some Apres and then get back the bus back to the chalet

Thanks in advance :)

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
968 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ski hire in St Anton

Hervis is in the middle of town, so a little bit of a schlep for you. Not sure they offer storage either. Having said that, you can pay for storage at one of the other aforementioned shops which do have stores right at the bottom of the Nassereinbahn. Where exactly in Nasserein are you staying?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
254 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ski hire in St Anton

As it happens, I just returned home yesterday and was going to report on my Hervis experience anyway. Bottom line is, kind of a mixed bag. As Downhill_slide pointed out, Hervis is in the middle of the village and not real close to the Nassereinbahn. (I was also staying closer to Nasserein, right by the church.) It's a shorter walk to the Galzigbahn from Hervis, so that's what I did, leaving my street shoes at the shop. So plus and minus summary for Hervis:

+ Lower price

+ Helpful English-speaking staff

- Further from lifts, though manageable to Galzigbahn.

- Equipment adequate, but not the greatest.

On that last point, I went for the medium-level package and brought my own boots. The skis were Head Era 30s and were in OK shape but I definitely missed my own skis. I would probably go for the top package if I were to do it over. The boots other people were getting looked pretty beat up, may have been the entry-level ones. Having said this, I imagine that it's probably a pretty similar situation at any shops, just life with rental equipment.

Looking back, I would probably shell out a few more Euros and rent from one of the places right at the lift just for convenience, especially for a short stay. I believe it was Intersport at the Galzigbahn, can't remember the one right by the Nassereinbahn, hopefully someone can jump in with the name.

Hope you enjoy your trip, I had a blast despite the sketchy snow conditions. I wish I could have stayed longer. Hoist a beer at the Skihütte of your choice for me...

Gute Fahrt!

Edited: 03 March 2016, 17:48
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
968 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Ski hire in St Anton

Alber, Intersport and Jennewein (Sport 2000) all have depots right by both the Galzig and Nasserein lifts.

17. Re: Ski hire in St Anton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2017, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Anton am Arlberg