We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chalet for rent

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
94 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Chalet for rent

We are a group of 8 persons with 2 teenagers. We are looking to rent a chalet for 1 week in February 2010. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

vienna
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chalet for rent

does fit your needs

www.anna-luise.at

Best to contact the St. Anton tourist office who should have a good list available - you can tell them your needs to limit the search.

Be csareful however as often such rental places are not actually in St. Anton but nearby villages.

Kyiv
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chalet for rent

Is there are any buses / trains connect these "nearby villages" with the ski lifts in St.Anton? How much tickets for these transport cost? IS it more or less comfortable to leave not in St.Anton but skiing there?

Kyiv
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chalet for rent

Is there any public transport connects these "nearby villages" with ski klifts at St.Anton? What is the price for single/return trip (approx)?

Is it more or less comfortable to live there and ski in St.Anton?

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
14,726 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chalet for rent

cdsailor - do you mean an independant chalet that you look after yourself (e.g. 4 beds plus living room plus kitchen etc). Problem is the size of your party much of the "self catering" is apartment based and exceptionally rare to find a 4 bedroom apartment/chalet. Many will advertise 2 bedrooms/sleeps 8. Normally means 2 people in the lounge and 3 per bedroom.

Closest I got was this

http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p509618

What you might to try is "Catered Chalet". This is very popular with the brits. Your party hires a whole chalet (or even part of) and the company supplies Staff to look after the Chalet and cook your meals. They normally serve breakfast, afternoon tea around 3:30pm to 4:30pm and then an evening meal with wine - some times unlimited wine. It is normal however for the staff to have one day off in the week where you have to eat out in the evening.

http://www.stantonchalets.co.uk/

You get what you pay for. The accommodation/meals standard can vary. I went cheaper end of the market to France and was quite happy. So long as I got fed and watered to a reasonable standard I was happy. We had a small chalet in Les Arcs (nearly new) just for 8 people and could relax in the evening in our own lounge with log fire.

Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chalet for rent

Have a look at www.alpine-evolution.com - Chalet Gertrud Gabl has 1 week still available in February. I met the couple who run this chalet a few years ago in St Anton, and have been following with interest as they have created a good reputation in this highly-complimented chalet that is only a couple of years old. They recently won a chef's award too! I also notice from their website that they have a mini bus to deliver you to the lifts, but aren't far from town either if you feel like walking.

6. Re: Chalet for rent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Anton am Arlberg