We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Marco Polo Club Happy Hotel in Kaprun

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Info on Marco Polo Club Happy Hotel in Kaprun

Greetings,

My husband and I have booked a week first of September at the Marco Polo Club Happy in Kaprun through our RCI membership. We will be coming form US. I recently saw some pics of this place online that are not too appealing. Looking very outdated. There were only two pics on the RCI website that presented the hotel as new and modern. The hotel does not seem to have a website or email address of its own. Unfortunately this is a new listing with RCI and they have no reviews or info on any updating of the facility. We want our stay to be enjoyable and may need considering changing our location. If anyone has info on this hotel would much appreciate your sharing.

Thanks much in advance

A Joyful Traveler

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on Marco Polo Club Happy Hotel in Kaprun

I see that your posting goes some time without any advice and I try to assist a litle.

I do not know this hotel. But by looking at the photos, it certainly does not appear new and appears to be in the style of a typical austrian pension that are found many places.

I think some find it better business to convert less than successful businesses to a time share- I have no idea if this is correct in this instance.

If unable to find more information that supports your visit I would look elsewhere.

Leesburg Va
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on Marco Polo Club Happy Hotel in Kaprun

Did you end up going to the Marco Polo Club? We have it booked for next June and like you have been unable to find any information on it at all. We would appreciate any feed back on it. From the pictures it does look very dated and we are wondering if we should hold out for something better. Thanks in advance for your help

Tammy

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info on Marco Polo Club Happy Hotel in Kaprun

Hi,

Joyful Traveler from Houston. We did indeed stay at Club Happy Marco Polo and found it charming. Yes, it is a smaller facility. We were only able to book a hotel like room, small but comfortable. They do have other larger studio type rooms and econocmy style condo. All very clean, most updated. This facility does its main business ski season so their staff is downsized for the summer holiday I think. But for us was perfect as it was a smaller Austrian style hotel with flowers round about the balconies. The other hotels in this little town have the lovely flowers also. Kaprun is a small town and everything is accessable by walking, or biking. We loved the location for site seeing the area. It was perfect! The owner of Club Happy is Robert and his wife. They are delightful and most helpful with whatever your needs are. Ziggy was our hotel keeper and took care of our every need also. As I said it is not top notch modern resort material but for us was just the experience we were looking for. The pictures I had referred to earlier were not acurate or updated.

Hope this helps. Happy traveling.

Let me know if I can answer anything more.

my email is:

jhillbrayshaw@yahoo.com

can refer you to our pics on kodak

4. Re: Info on Marco Polo Club Happy Hotel in Kaprun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 22:19