We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Anniversary dinner dilemma

Minnesota
Level Contributor
401 posts
281 reviews
Help! Anniversary dinner dilemma

A really good deliemma, actually. We are trying to decide between Muriels and Arnauds for an anniversary. It is a hard choice. We like the menus at both...prices don't seem too different (though that is not a real factor.)

Which has the better food and better atmosphere?

I know that is subjective, but I would welcome opinions!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
401 posts
281 reviews
1. Re: Help! Anniversary dinner dilemma

Just to add a thought.....perhaps there is somewhere even more special?

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
348 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: Help! Anniversary dinner dilemma

We just had our anniversary dinner at GW Fins. I would pick it again in a heartbeat! I did look at Muriel's (though not sure about Arnaud's) and several other upscale restaurants, but the menu at GW Fins had what we wanted.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
518 posts
56 reviews
3. Re: Help! Anniversary dinner dilemma

I've only had a drink at Arnaud's, so I can't weigh in there, but we ate at Muriel's last week --loved the ambiance and service, and the food was excellent! We also ate at GW Fins--really amazing food!!, nice restaurant, but the décor is such that you could be dining in NYC or Chicago.

So if you truly want to get the NO flair, I would go with Muriel's, maybe have a before dinner drink on the balcony before dinner, check out the séance room. Happy anniversary!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
305 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Help! Anniversary dinner dilemma

You can't go wrong with either. Both are on my favorite list. Arnauds is one of our oldest restaurants and I love to listen to the dixieland band trio that roams the restaurant. They will also give you a tour of the museum upstairs. Muriels also has great atmosphere. I love the history of their resident ghost (check out his table by the staircase) and I love the seance bar upstairs. I have never had a bad meal at either. Have a great time.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
222 posts
5. Re: Help! Anniversary dinner dilemma

Both are safe bets - Perhaps picking based on proximity to what you are doing before/after, or simply digging in and finding that one special "if i dont try it ill spend the rest of the trip wondering about it" dish on either of the menus to break the tie would be the best bet?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
401 posts
281 reviews
6. Re: Help! Anniversary dinner dilemma

Thank you all! No decision, but lots to think about. Seems I can't make a mistake!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,755 posts
123 reviews
7. Re: Help! Anniversary dinner dilemma

Both are fine and you will be pleased although I really think highly of Chef Gus Martin at Muriel's.

8. Re: Help! Anniversary dinner dilemma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 06:17