We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Orleans cooking School Question

Level Contributor
385 posts
99 reviews
New Orleans cooking School Question

Have a 2pm reservation next Tuesday where we sit and watch chef prepare 3 courses and I was just wondering if you really get a full meal or just nosh of each course. Debating what to do for dinner and if our group should plan on just appetizers that evening or full dinner

Anyone who has been please chime in.

thanks

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: New Orleans cooking School Question

I've always found it very filling! (I've attended at least 3 classes thru the years) Afterward, if you're hungry in the evening, a plate of nachos and 6 or 8 margaritas at El Gato Negro should do the trick! :)

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
235 reviews
2. Re: New Orleans cooking School Question

I have attended twice, and I also found it very filling. Unfortunately, nights in NO tend to run late, so maybe an appetizer or breakfast might be in order later.

Level Contributor
385 posts
99 reviews
3. Re: New Orleans cooking School Question

hermicanne: that is so funny.. El Gato Negro was my choice for dinner/appys later that evening.

Thanks guys you made my decision easier.

Now if I only could narrow down my dinner choices for the rest of the week.. ohh the menus all so fantastic.. How do you choose??

booked Pelican club and doing the coolinary price...

have muriels on board for food between lunch and dinner

want so sneak in GW fins somewhere and red gravy

have to do muffalata and pooh boy as well..

yikes the choices are endless

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: New Orleans cooking School Question

We are going in August with friends and we are doing the classic gumbo and jambalya

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: New Orleans cooking School Question

great minds think alike! LOL! Haven't eaten at Pelican or GW, but you CANNOT go wrong with Muriels!

For my po boy, I'd do the "All That Jazz" with WOW Sauce from Verti Marte...BEST po boy ever!!! The muff is subjective...some like Central Grocery, Napoleon House, Frank's, Original Pierre Masperos...some like 'em hot, some like 'em cold...and if it's not what you want...you can always go back to El Gato Negro for more nachos and another 6 or 8 margaritas! :)

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: New Orleans cooking School Question

I was there this past March for the gumbo/jambalaya/pralines class. We got a cup of gumbo and a small bowl of jambalaya, plus the pralines, plus iced tea or beer. I wouldn't call it a full dinner (at least for me).

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,755 posts
123 reviews
7. Re: New Orleans cooking School Question

The meal is more like a lite luncheon...and the dinner choices are very good....Johnnys for po-boys or poor boys so not to start a controversy

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: New Orleans cooking School Question

Don't forget to use the coupons neworleanscoupons.com/coupons/attractions-no…

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: New Orleans cooking School Question

it's not a "full dinner" but you get enough that you won't need a "full dinner" afterwards...just some nachos and 6 or 8 margaritas at EGN! :)

Level Contributor
385 posts
99 reviews
10. Re: New Orleans cooking School Question

I did use the coupon. Thanks!

and yes def going to do some

"Rita's"