We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Orleans flight to Dublin,Ireland via O'Hare

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
19 reviews
New Orleans flight to Dublin,Ireland via O'Hare

Hi,

Will be returning to Dublin,Ireland, from New Orleans, via O'Hare,Chicago. I am planning to book my tickets with Expedia.com. The main airline would be Aer Lingus but the NO flight to O'Hare (Terminal 2) is by Gojet Airlines with the O'

Hare flight to Dublin with Aer Lingus(Terminal 5)

Will my bags be checked through from NO to Dublin or will I need to re-claim at O'Hare and check in again for onward to Dublin.

Thanks

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
62,495 posts
48 reviews
1. Re: New Orleans flight to Dublin,Ireland via O'Hare

GoJet Airlines is actually part of United Airlines, they run the United Express flights from MSY to ORD.

It's more than likely that United has an inter-line agreement with Aer Lingus and will tag your bags straight through to DUB. But just in case they don't....how long is your layover?

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: New Orleans flight to Dublin,Ireland via O'Hare

Hi IrishFan, Thanks for the reply - I contacted Expedia and they informed me that the bags would be booked straight through to Dublin at New Orleans

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: New Orleans flight to Dublin,Ireland via O'Hare

Aer Lingus and United have a codeshare agreement:

aerlingus.com/help/…d.en.1565

4. Re: New Orleans flight to Dublin,Ireland via O'Hare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2013, 05:17