We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance Arts Hotel - Mardi Gras?

Omaha
Level Contributor
529 posts
30 reviews
Renaissance Arts Hotel - Mardi Gras?

Sorry, normally I do more research, but this is a last minute decision and we are running out of time....we are coming to NOLA for Mardi Gras!!

Two years ago for Mardi Gras weekend we stayed at the Marriott on Canal because we got a great deal. This year it is considerably more expensive. Will we be disappointed if we stay at the Renaissance Arts instead? We like to watch the parades and people and go to local bars where the locals are having mardi gras fun. Would it be a good idea to stay here instead of Marriott on Canal to experience something different?

Any advice is welcome. Looking to book rooms tomorrow. Thanks!

los angeles
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: Renaissance Arts Hotel - Mardi Gras?

no, everything is really close together around there. you will be doing a lot of walking anyway.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Renaissance Arts Hotel - Mardi Gras?

The Renaissance Arts is a great hotel in a great area. Emeril's and tommy Cuisine are down the street. My favorite bar Lucy's is across the street. You will be close to a lot of MG. Enjoy your visit.

Lucy's Bar @ 701 Tchoupitoulas St., New Orleans, LA 504 - 523 - 8995.

www.lucysretiredsurfers.com/neworleans/

los angeles
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Renaissance Arts Hotel - Mardi Gras?

My answer was weird, I meant to say, it was a great place to stay.

little rock arkansas
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
287 reviews
4. Re: Renaissance Arts Hotel - Mardi Gras?

Great place and location. You will have a ball. Close enough to get into the packed quarter easily but slightly removed so you don't have to fight the crowds too much if you don't want to.

Omaha
Level Contributor
529 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: Renaissance Arts Hotel - Mardi Gras?

Thanks everyone! You reassured me that I was making a good choice. So excited to go back!

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
13,353 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Renaissance Arts Hotel - Mardi Gras?

Although I'm typically a stay in or VERY near the French Quarter guy, for Mardi Gras weekend there is something to be said for being within the area bounded by Tchoupitoulas, Julia St., Convention Area Blvd. and Poydras St. You will be close to my favorite place to view the parades that go up Tchoupitoulas. For the other parades you will be relatively close to St. Charles Ave., you will not be all that far from the French Quarter, and there are a couple typically locals bars nearby.

7. Re: Renaissance Arts Hotel - Mardi Gras?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2013, 10:19