We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Herm and Deny, I got your message on NYE!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Herm and Deny, I got your message on NYE!

Thanks so much for the new year wish. Best wishes to you both as well. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out who delivered it. KCK happened to be dining with us that night and I asked her if she had anything to do with it and she said no. Then I wondered if any other flokkers were there. Either way, nice surprise. BTW, KCK, I hope y'all had a nice meal. Sorry for intruding on your soup course. That is the worst one to make cold while chit chatting.

NYE in NOLA this year was so much fun. I had some friends in town and we started out with drinks on the balcony at Muriel's Jackson Square. I was having a really good hair day as I left the house and then five minutes later, with the misty heavy air, it was kink city. Oh well. The weather was warm and we sat up there for at least an hour and enjoyed watching all of the performers and the people enjoying them.

We then strolled up and down Royal St. I gave my friends a tour of FiFi Mahoney's, the best damn wig place in the world. Then we went up Royal and enjoyed all of the street performers as we strolled. We made our way to the Royal O and had a drink at the Touche and then went to the rooftop and took in the beautiful view from there. Afterwards, we went all of the way to Iberville and hit Bourbon. I know I'm a local, but every now and then I just like to do one stroll up Bourbon. Well, we had a nice time except for a few things I would still like to unsee. We stopped at Johnny White's and had a round of drinks for only $16. This is the only decent local like joint on Bourbon where they won't rape you for a drink. They were strong too.

After our trip up Bourbon, and mind you, this has turned in to a 5 hour stroll. The oddest thing happened. We were on St. Ann on our way back to the restaurant and the Royal St. Deli had turned into a Disco. We renamed it the Disco Deli. We ended up staying there for over an hour. We would go in for a dance and then stand outside and watch others and they were perplexed and interested by and in the Disco Deli. It was there we realized that if you are in New Orleans and you stand still long enough, eventually everything will just come to you.

Oh well, that is the story of my little NYE in NOLA. I'm not much of a drinker or a partier so this was big for me. Again, Herm and Deny, it was great to get your note. Happy New Year Everyone.

Toronto
Level Contributor
164 posts
18 reviews
11. Re: Herm and Deny, I got your message on NYE!

I so wanted to meet her but New Year's eve was a crazy night - way too busy to get into much conversation with anyone at Muriel's. I'd love to come in May - right now I'm a we'll see - I dumped so much money into the NOLA economy this trip that I'll have to really watch my pennies - hopefully I can swing it!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
12. Re: Herm and Deny, I got your message on NYE!

I've still got you on the "possible, but unconfirmed" list Joey! I'll send you the tentative schedule to entice you a bit more! You really HAVE to meet Denise and eat at Muriel's!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
7 reviews
13. Re: Herm and Deny, I got your message on NYE!

They published my review of Muriel's in record time. Thanks again for a great NYE experience Dgratia!

14. Re: Herm and Deny, I got your message on NYE!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2013, 10:18