We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Presbytere

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Presbytere

Hi All

Count down is on! Looking at also finding interesting things to do indoors to take a break from the heat. Thinking of going to Presbytere. Cerelife indicated in her TR (thank you) that it was pretty interesting see the Katrina exhibit. It also looks like they have a permanment Mardi Gras display. Just wondering if anyone else has been recently and should we consider this. Also how does the Cabildo tie in? Is it a completely different museum? Should we visit both? Is one better then the other and are they close together?

Thanks

Edited: 23 June 2011, 23:51
Boston...
Level Contributor
85 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Presbytere

We visited the Presbytere earlier in the month and really enjoyed it. The Katrina exhibit is very well done, and the Mardi Gras exhibit had a lot of cool stuff. The Cabildo is a separate museum. I believe it is more focused on Louisiana history.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,653 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Presbytere

Nann--Our cousins saw the Katrina Exhibit and they loved it and thought it was well worth it! That is one way to beat a little of the heat!

It's about 8 days till you leave now, right? Oh lucky you! Have a GREAT time!!! If you get a chance to pass a hello and love to Cherlyn at Pat's for us that would be great!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Presbytere

July 2nd and counting!!!!! 4 more work days :)

We will definately stop in at Pat's. I have a free drink and glass voucher (thanks Rodent)! We will be sure to say a big hello to Cherlyn from the Flok.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Presbytere

We tried to see both museums in one day. We did the Presbytere first and spent more time than we had planned as both Katrina and Mardi Gras exhibits were really interesting. After lunch we went to the Cabildo (we had a combination ticket). If you enjoy history (and we do) it has a lot of good stuff. So much of the Louisiana story is told with great photographs. There's also a small exhibit in the back about the history of Rock Music in the area. We just got too tired and overloaded and didn't finish the Cabildo. Trying to do both on one day was a mistake.

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Presbytere

I have done all except the Katrina exhibit. The Mardi Gras costumes are wonderful and I found out lots of interesting little facts. I have been to the Cabildo twice and enjoyed it both times. But I'm a history nut.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,648 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Presbytere

Get a combo ticket which also includes the 1850 house which is a creole style home right there at Jackson Square near the Louisiana tourism office.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,653 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Presbytere

Thanks Nann!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your free drink at Pat's and that beautiful courtyard and fountain! I am sooooo hoping you have so much fun it's criminal!!!!!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Presbytere

Hubby and I saw went to the Presbytere and thought the Katrina exhibit was wonderfully done (and we had been to four different museums in Memphis that week as well, so we were "museum'ed out", so to speak!)

We spent so much time at in the Katrina section, we didn't have time for the Mardi Gras exhibit!

Highly recommended/

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Presbytere

Thanks everyone. This is certainly a "do". I love history as well.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Presbytere

I'm also glad for this info-was on my list for the Mardi Gras and Katrina exhibits (and air conditioning) but not sure if we'll have time-I'm going to definitely try to squeeze it in.