We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banksy

Frankford, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Banksy

Hi everyone, I will be visiting new Orleans for the first time in may. I have heard that some of banksy's artwork still exists in NO. Is this true? If so where can u find them? Would love to see them while I am there. Thanks!

Level Contributor
483 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Banksy

Yes, there are some of Banksy's works around but I hesitate to list the addresses as so many have been destroyed.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
567 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banksy

You can find photos if you google. Why is the OP just a tripadvisor member? Might the OP be Fred Radtke, the anti-graffiti crusader known as the "Gray Ghost" for his practice of painting over graffiti in gray paint—regardless of the color of the underlying wall?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
56,555 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banksy

LOL artslover, I think that's a bit of a stretch. Posts by "A Trip Advisor Member" show up all the time on different forums, it's not an actual member name. It's some kind of glitch in their system.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
567 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banksy

I know. I'm just being cheeky. But some of Banksy's work in NO seem to be referencing the Gray Ghost. See: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizzzwillis/5400747415/in/pool-896296@N22/

5. Re: Banksy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 08:25