We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel St. Marie - looking for advice/suggestions

Woodridge, IL
Level Contributor
56 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel St. Marie - looking for advice/suggestions

Hi, all -

I just discovered this forum - and it's great!

We're going to be in New Orleans the last week of May, and we'll be staying at the Hotel St. Marie. We booked a "king courtyard balcony". From what I've read on reviews here and elsewhere, the room sizes and balconies vary quite a bit.

For those that have stayed at this hotel recently - can you give me an advice as to particular rooms to avoid or request?

Any other tips/comments about the hotel would be welcome, too!

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
Hotel St. Marie
Hotel St. Marie
2,130 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Special Offer
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
1,065 Reviews
from US$44.50*
US$48.00
Experience Cajun Country: Swamp Boat...
772 Reviews
from US$176.00*
Special Offer
Steamboat Natchez Harbor Cruise
749 Reviews
from US$31.50*
US$34.00
Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel St. Marie - looking for advice/suggestions

I have stayed at the Hotel Ste Marie quite a few times and although the rooms do vary, never had one that was unacceptable. I never keep track of past room numbers, (although I might if I had one that was really bad, but more likely I would ask to be moved and still not keep track of the room number).

My recommendation would be to call the hotel and talk to them directly about your needs and what the options are. They have always been great when we stayed there and I think the most reliable information will come from them.

I love the location of the HSM, it is only half a block off Bourbon at the beginning of my favorite part of Bourbon. Despite being so close to fun and loud bars, it is surprising quiet to sleep and the beds and pillows are pretty nice for a hotel in that price range.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,741 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel St. Marie - looking for advice/suggestions

Good advice...call and ask...the staff there is very helpful and the manager Tim is top notch. Nice location to some great restaurants.

Woodridge, IL
Level Contributor
56 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel St. Marie - looking for advice/suggestions

Is it true that the private balconies are the smaller ones - and the larger ones are shared between a couple rooms? I've heard that.

Also - do all of the bathrooms have the vanity/sink outside the bathroom, or do some just have the one sink in the bathroom? (I've seen what appears to be a mix in photos.)

We were disappointed to hear the bar they used to have (we were last in New Orleans in 2006) is closed. We stopped there during a rainstorm that year - and the bartender was so friendly!

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
4. Re: Hotel St. Marie - looking for advice/suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 07:16