We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balcony in November

NJ
Level Contributor
243 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Balcony in November

Hey everyone, I am planning a trip to New Orleans in November with my wife to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We're planning on staying at the Royal Orleans...close enough to all the action, but not smack dab in the middle of it.

My question is, I really want to get a balcony room, but how is the weather in November? Is it even worth it or am I just wasting my money?

TFK

Bound Brook, New...
Level Contributor
162 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Balcony in November

I love a balcony at any time of year personally, but I was there last November and the November before and the weather was very nice, but a bit unpredictable. One day, it was 80 and everyone was wearing shorts. The next day, the sun didn't shine and the temps dropped down to where people were putting jackets on. The nights tend to be chilly. However, I did use our balcony and enjoyed it. We were there mid November.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Balcony in November

TFKNJ, we were there from Nov. 5th to Nov 13th, 2010. I actually kept track of the daily temps! The first 3 days were chilly (but not while the sun was up!) Highs were 62/63 and the lows were 45/48.

The remaining days were much nicer! The high temps were 70/78 and the lows were 48/50. We also had a balcony and enjoyed mid-day breaks sitting in the sun! We didn't use it much at night, but we DID use it! Unless it's super expensive to upgrade to a balcony room, I presonally don't think it's a waste of money!

Edited: 21 February 2011, 13:32
Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Balcony in November

Balcony's are fine but they are not a necessity in NOLA because you won't be in your room that often. Some like them and some don't. When you open the doors of your hotel in the FQ you will receive quite a bit of noise because the streets are so narrow. I prefer rooms without a balcony.

The weather is usually fine in NOLA just about year round. You will have good days and then some that are cold and windy. You will have a great time. Enjoy.

4. Re: Balcony in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 10:18