We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street Cam Fun

Lafayette
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Street Cam Fun

I just found this Earth Cam, street view from The Cat's Meow at the corner or Bourbon St and St Peter St.

earthcam.com/usa/…

Wouldn't it be cool to be there at a pre-arranged time and wave to family and friends back home?

Best Seller
Swamp Boat Adventure and Plantations...
707 reviews
from US$176.00*
Best Seller
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
941 reviews
from US$48.00*
Best Seller
New Orleans Swamp Tour by Boat
115 reviews
from US$56.00*
Special Offer
Natchez Harbor Steamboat Cruise with...
578 reviews
from US$34.00*
US$46.00
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Street Cam Fun

Last year when my son was a freshman at Loyola, he & a few friends stood at the Jackson Sq. cam (Muriel's) and waved for us. We were so happy to see him!

I'm also so surprised to see people in shorts and short sleeves. Must be unseasonably warm for NOLA??

Edited: 21 February 2011, 00:04
Lafayette
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Street Cam Fun

We are watching the live webcam on the big screen tv. It's the one one the Cat's Meow balcony aimed down to the street. Sound is on, too.

It's quite interesting. Lots of people watching, very lively-yet laid back. I see the cars have to wait a while for the crowds to move out of the intersections. Some dudes in the street with signs that I can't read. I think they are barkers. Wait, what? A couple of ladies with about 7 little kids running around the street! Too funny!

That balcony is a perfect place to go wave at the webcam.

13. Re: Street Cam Fun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 05:17