We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott, Sheraton or Roosevelt?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Topic
Marriott, Sheraton or Roosevelt?

I am going to be in NOLA with my wife from 03/05 to 03/09 for Mardi Gras. It is a last minute trip and I am trying to pick between Marriott, Sheraton and Roosevelt. All three are in the $325 range. I know it is expensive, but I have no other choices close to the action.

Please help me decide..

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott, Sheraton or Roosevelt?

I think they are all in about the same area (Canal St). I'd pick the Roosevelt--great hotel with a nice bar and restaurant.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott, Sheraton or Roosevelt?

The Roosevelt is one of NOLA's finest hotels. It has been a great NOLA hotel for a very long time. After Katrina it was renovated and now rates as high as any hotel in the city. I love the location. It's just a few minutes walk from the FQ but has great facilities including restaurants and spa. Go with Roosevelt. Good luck.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
56,579 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott, Sheraton or Roosevelt?

I have stayed at all three, and would definitely recommend The Roosevelt as the best of the 3 you have mentioned.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott, Sheraton or Roosevelt?

Looks like its going to be the Roosevelt..thanks.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,654 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott, Sheraton or Roosevelt?

Karan--I was thinking the same thing myself :)

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott, Sheraton or Roosevelt?

The Kingfish himself had a suite at the Roosevelt. I am staying there during MG. Planning on having Kingfish's favorite drink (Ramos Gin Fizz) in the hotel bar...I've stayed in the JW Marriott, but not the one across the street.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Marriott, Sheraton or Roosevelt?

Done...booked the Roosevelt..I thought it was expensive at $339/ night, but there were only a couple of options close to the action with availability. Hopefully my status with Hilton will help me get upgraded to a suite and make it worth (but thats a long shot for those dates)

Now to move on to other planning...

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marriott, Sheraton or Roosevelt?

Galatoire's, Emeril's. Commander's Palace, Coquette, Clancy's, Bayona, Brightsen's, Patois, Mr. B's.....................

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marriott, Sheraton or Roosevelt?

Good choice. I didn't like the Sheraton AT ALL. I personally think both the downtown Holiday Inn and the FQ Holiday Inn are better than Sheraton and way cheaper. Sheraton needs updating and just doesn't impress me...

10. Re: Marriott, Sheraton or Roosevelt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 20:17