We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bloody Mary

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
137 posts
32 reviews
Bloody Mary

Still wondering if anyone has booked with her lately. I read that long reply from her to a negative participant and wondered if that has caused her to take a break. Her tours sound fun and I'm interested. I hope she hasn't allowed some idiot to ruin her emthusiasm for her business. There's always someone negative out there.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Bloody Mary

Where did you read a reply from Bloody Mary, on this forum?

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
61 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Bloody Mary

There is a lengthy reply to a negative review on her TA reviews page.

I was thinking of going with her but her website is impossible to figure out so i just sent a request to do a walking tour with the voodoo museum. If she is still doing tours she needs to get a more friendly website. I am very computer savvy but couldn't for the life of me figure out what tours were running when and didn't bother to email as i read on here she wasn't replying to emails.

Edited: 19 February 2011, 01:05
Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Bloody Mary

I have heard people complain, literally for years about her not responding. She is an eccentric character and quite independent. When she feels like it she responds and schedules tours and when she does, messages are ignored. Try to reach her if you want to go on hers, but good to always have a back up plan.

As far as blaming a reviewer for causing her lack of response, I don't buy that at all. Anyone who participates in an activity has a right to express their opinion in a review. Other travelers appreciate it. While lots of people lover her tours, I have heard from some who did not.

Her unreliable responses pre-date the reviews.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
137 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: Bloody Mary

You are right, everyone is intitled to write their own review. After reading TA for years I have learned to throw out the highs and lows for a balanced opinion. I just hate people attacking someone.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,657 posts
77 reviews
5. Re: Bloody Mary

2Daisy--Read

Need Ghost Tour advice

by TXSoonerGal

on page two. Bloody Mary Tours sounds AWESOME!!!!!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
60 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: Bloody Mary

I just went on a tour Weds night. It was great. Very informative.

Litchfield...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: Bloody Mary

I hate to sound biased, but throughout my years of booking tours with Mary, she has become a good friend. Yes, she is an artist and perhaps can be labeled 'eccentric' (that's the reason those of us who love her keep coming back!), but I would never consider her to be irresponsible at all. Mary tries to keep her tours personal (she leads nearly every single one of them) as well as on the smaller side. If you call her 'hotline' listed at the bottom of her website, she often will list the available tours and encourage you to pre-book them on her website.

I work in the travel industry and have sent a lot of business her way. She does not pay me commission, or give me any kickbacks (which I would get if I booked a Grayline tour) but I am confident that my clients are getting the best and most authentic experience that anyone offers. She leads 80% of her tours personally, and she is only one person (raising a son, operating a small business, keeping up with responsibilites as a priestess, etc. etc.).

As someone who personally deals with clients daily (and also works in tourism) I can identify with the frustration of not being able to get through to a tour operator, but I can also sympathize with Mary herself, sometimes I get to have sick days, or go on vacation. Sometimes an email ends up in my SPAM and I don't see it for a couple of days.

I'm not going to make excuses for her, but any trip down to NoLA (for me) is not complete without spending some time on one of her tours. I'll be back down in a few short days with a NoLA Newbie, and while I could probably lead my own tour by now, we'll be patronizing Mary.

:o)

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
137 posts
32 reviews
8. Re: Bloody Mary

Thank you for your responce. I am just looking for a little fun a chance to let my imagination run a little wild. We have done several small tours and enjoyed all of them. People have to let loose and embrace the experience.

I look forward to booking a tour with her and I am sure I will get out of it what I am willing to put into it.

9. Re: Bloody Mary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 20:18