We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch in Independence

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,868 posts
155 reviews
Lunch in Independence

Can anyone recommend a nice place for lunch in Independence while visiting the Truman library?

Level Contributor
828 posts
273 reviews
1. Re: Lunch in Independence

there are little eaterys around the independence square that look interesting but unfortunately i've never tried any....and no one local seems to look at this forum.....there are plenty of fast food places in town....i've eaten at a place called zio's or something like that (sorry) that was good but not near the library....the library itself is wonderful!! i'd ask the folks there....i found them very helpful!!

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
269 reviews
2. Re: Lunch in Independence

My favorite non-chain restuarants in Independence have closed, but Cafe Verona, just off the old square, gets high recomendations.

Buckner, Missouri
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
3. Re: Lunch in Independence

The Historic Independence Square has nine wonderful one-of-a-kind restaurants amidst a variety of retail shops. It is six blocks south of the Truman Library.

For additional information on other attractions and lodging see www.visitindependence.com.

mnr
Kansas City, MO.
Level Contributor
155 posts
4. Re: Lunch in Independence

Wow! I didn't think there even was an Independence Forum. I'll have to check back more often!

TravelingGuy: We hope that you did get to try Cafe Verona. Great Italian food!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
89 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Lunch in Independence

The Courthouse Exchange. I've been going there since I was a kid. Excellent!

I have seen a lot of people recommend Cafe Verona. We ate there for my birthday last November. I ordered the stuffed shells. It was awful. My husband ordered the chicken alfredo, that was funny tasting as well. We have not been back since. Things might be different now.

mnr
Kansas City, MO.
Level Contributor
155 posts
6. Re: Lunch in Independence

I have heard some mixed reviews about CV as well. We had dinner there last March. It was good. We'll have to try them again.

7. Re: Lunch in Independence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Independence