We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much does a tube costs and where to get them cheap

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Bahama Island
Level Contributor
528 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How much does a tube costs and where to get them cheap

How much for a tube that will last for a couple of afternoons of fun for 10 yr old, (tube doesnt need to be built for eternity) and where is the best place to buy them. Do they have different types? I remember seeing tons of stores up and down Pigeon Forge last year with them.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much does a tube costs and where to get them cheap

I don't know the cost but I would suggest getting a thicker tube if you are planning on tubing in the creek. I would also buy water shoes. Those rocks can be sharp. I had family that went and had scraped shins.

Grand Bahama Island
Level Contributor
528 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much does a tube costs and where to get them cheap

Yes thanks, i'll remember the shoes. Does Walmart sell tubes there? I see some for around 10 bucks.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How much does a tube costs and where to get them cheap

There is a shop in Pigeon Forge, almost when you are getting to the end nearest Gatlinburg (on the right) , that has them- usually they are outside. The last time we went they were blowing all over the road! I think the store used to be -and maybe still is-called Mtn Manny's?

Belleville, Illinois
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much does a tube costs and where to get them cheap

My mom always just went to a tire shop and bought the inter tubes (is that what they are called?) for tires. We then filled them up at our destination. And they will last many visits to rivers.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
480 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much does a tube costs and where to get them cheap

I agree that you want to make sure the tube is not the thin-type that you see used in swimming pools. That would never hold up on some of those sharper-edged rocks. Swim shoes are a must and you can get them cheap at Walmart. I was there last week and they had a huge section of all sizes and colors. Don't forget sunscreen...you can really get burned after a day of tubing and be fooled by the cool water and shady trees nearby!

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
480 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much does a tube costs and where to get them cheap

There are a couple of places on US 321 N heading out of Gatlinburg toward Pittman Center. I do not recall the names of the stores (small country stores) but they are on the left.

7. Re: How much does a tube costs and where to get them cheap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2012, 05:17