We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night in October 2011 - 4 fun loving middle aged Aussies

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
625 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
1 night in October 2011 - 4 fun loving middle aged Aussies

Hello, we are 4 fun loving middle aged Aussies (two couples) who are on a road trip with one night in Gatlinburg. My husband and I have been there before but our friends have not. We would really like to stay within walking distance of the centre of Gatlinburg so we can go to dinner, have a few vinos and not have to worry about driving a car or getting a taxi. My husband and I remember Gatlinburg as a party town and we had a ball there. We have a budget of $150 (including tax) for each room and we will need 2 rooms.

Can you please suggest a nice clean place that would suit us within our budget. Jack Huff's place is booked out on our date (14 October).

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your time in helping me.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night in October 2011 - 4 fun loving middle aged Aussies

That is prime time in Gatlinburg so I would get a room booked fast. Also you may find that most rooms have a 3 night minimum due to the fall foliage which also cause higher rates. You could try Johnsons Inn. It gets good reviews on the forum.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night in October 2011 - 4 fun loving middle aged Aussies

Hi October is the prime month for viewing the Fall colors and I would book asap.Here's a few nice hotels that are either on the main strip or very close.Gatlinburg is a walking town and everything is pretty much within walking distant of all the action(restaurants,attractions,bars,shopping).Some may have a minimum so make sure you ask them.Enjoy your trip.

River house Motor Lodge

Hilton Garden Inn

Clarion inn& suites

Bearskin Lodge

River Edge Motor Lodge

Hampton Inn

Johnson Inn

http://www.gatlinburg.com/default.asp

ihsadvantage.com/h/…true

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night in October 2011 - 4 fun loving middle aged Aussies

We just stayed at River Edge Motor Lodge last month and were very happy with it. We've stayed there twice before and I read some bad reviews on it since we stayed there last but it was very clean and everything was fine with our stay in January. We had a fireplace room and it had been updated recently. No complaints here.Its on River Rd so about a 3-5 minute walk to the main parkway. I don't know what their rates are like in October but we were able to get our fireplace room for under $70 a night.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 night in October 2011 - 4 fun loving middle aged Aussies

we like the Hampton Inn in Gatlinburg. it is very nice and clean and the staff is wonderful. it is right in the middle of everything. They also have a nice breakfast.

Edited: 08 February 2011, 18:42
5. Re: 1 night in October 2011 - 4 fun loving middle aged Aussies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2012, 05:44