We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place tay in Gatlinburg

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Place tay in Gatlinburg

Wanting to stay in Gatlinburg for NYE for 4 adults. Want somewhere really special with mountain views and also close to dinning, in town with log fire. I'm not farmiliar to the area, although most cabins on the net say they are close to mountains and town, I am assuming they are not that far away. Any suggestions would be appreciated. EV

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place tay in Gatlinburg

Since you stated that you wanted something "somewhere really special", I'm assuming you meant something expensive....there are a bunch of them in Gatlinburg. But since I can't afford anything over a three star rating, I'm afraid I won't be much help in picking one expensive motel over another. As far as choosing a motel "near" the mountains, just about ALL the motels in Gatlinburg ARE close to them. In fact, as soon as you drive out of the Gatlinburg city limits, you are, effectively, "in the park" I hope this might be of some help to you. (although I wasn't much help with the motel)

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place tay in Gatlinburg

I suggest the website: www.discoverthesmokies.com . It shows where everything is located on the virtual tour maps. After taking a look, you can narrow down where you would like to stay.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place tay in Gatlinburg

Hi Evelyn94,

You may want to try a B&B. That would be something special! Here's a couple of links to check out:

http://tinyurl.com/5t95ra

http://tinyurl.com/ylny9lc

Bob

Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place tay in Gatlinburg

Thanks for your reply.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place tay in Gatlinburg

If your not familiar with the area you will see that the hotels in town are all within walking distance to everything and on a holiday weekend that would be important to me because traffic can be a nightmare and if you want to be intown for the midnight events you could just walk back to your hotel. you also have to pay to park intown. There are some beautiful cabins in the area but not many within walking distance and the ones with mountin views are going to be a few miles away from town.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place tay in Gatlinburg

Evelyn, I think I neglected to tell you that there is no motels or cabins available within the confines of the smokys park.

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place tay in Gatlinburg

You mentioned that you wanted to stay in Gatlinburg, so I assume within walking distance, so I would suggest you check out the Clarion Inn & Suites. They are located very close to the entrance to the national park and have some very nice rooms. There are penthouse suites that are expensive, but have 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, living, dining and kitchen and excellent views. They also serve free full breakfast each morning. Also there is Summit Manor Condos, which are also located in town, but not as easy to get to as Clarion. They are new condos and also have 2 bedroom, 2 baths, kitchen and living room. However, they are not as "full service" as a hotel would be and you have either a steep walk to downtown or an elevator down to the parking area of Creekside. As was mentioned before, there is a charge to park in town, so to avoid extra expense, I would definitely recommend staying in a hotel where you can park and walk everywhere.

8. Re: Place tay in Gatlinburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Gatlinburg