We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the one thing you forgot to pack and wish you had?

Grass Lake, Michigan
Level Contributor
160 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What is the one thing you forgot to pack and wish you had?

I am making my list for my trip and I was wondering what is the one thing that you did not bring or did not think you would need, and wished you had it?

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the one thing you forgot to pack and wish you had?

small fan, since the air conditioner did not seem to reach my side of the bed

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the one thing you forgot to pack and wish you had?

Paper towels

Andalusia, Alabama
Level Contributor
131 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the one thing you forgot to pack and wish you had?

Cork screw.

Orange Beach
Level Contributor
455 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the one thing you forgot to pack and wish you had?

The time I forgot the insect repellant. We were miserable until we made a trip to the store.

Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the one thing you forgot to pack and wish you had?

onumom,

Your post makes me remember a post from a few years ago with an extensive packing list. Here's that old thread. It's an unbelievable list!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60842-i150-k12073…

Lisa

North Carolina
Level Contributor
159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the one thing you forgot to pack and wish you had?

I keep a packing list from year to year and a small bag packed with things to keep just for vacation. My important must have on vacation is a pillow case and throw or blanket from home.

About a week before vacation I go through that bag and see if anything is out of date (cold meds,ointments etc) or if anything is about out and I replace what I need. I'm always on the look out for travel size items to keep me updated and now just think of going through that bag as the beginning of my vacation.

I know that I haven't exactly answered your question so let's just say I am always thankful for Walgreens and visit there several times when we are in Pigeon forge.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the one thing you forgot to pack and wish you had?

Always bring a good pair of scissors.

One thing I always forget is air freshener. This can come in handy, especially for hotel rooms and the car.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the one thing you forgot to pack and wish you had?

.......more money!!!!

Carol

unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
870 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the one thing you forgot to pack and wish you had?

Manicure set. Needed some tweesers one time to get a splinter out and there were none to be found in Gatlinburg. Had to go all the way back into Pigeon Forge.

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the one thing you forgot to pack and wish you had?

A bedside clock. I usually wake up at least once during the night, every night, and I always like to know what time it is. Plus, Gatlinburg is an hour ahead of our time, so it throws me off when I'm there. When we're sitting around in our room waiting on a good time to go eat supper, or something like that, I'm always asking my husband what time it is, because I don't wear a watch.