We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute plans

Calif
Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
Last minute plans

Hoping to visit Glacier for 4-5 nights in August and as far as I can see all of the in park places I want are sold out as I thought they would be !

Was hoping to stay at Lake Mc Donald area as we stayed at Many Glacier last time - years ago.

Where else could we stay that is nice but located close enough so we are not spending all our time driving ???? Thank you !

4 replies to this topic
indiana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
3,367 posts
106 reviews
1. Re: Last minute plans

For the east side of the park, try St. Mary or Babb. The lodge at St. Mary or the tiny houses there, or KOA cabins. In Babb, Thronson's, Glacier Trailhead Cabins, Duck Lake or the new Park Cabin Co. All would be less than thirty minutes to Many Glacier or the east side of GTTSR.

indiana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
3,367 posts
106 reviews
2. Re: Last minute plans

I may have misread your original post, if you are wanting lodging near the west, try Glacier Highlands or the properties run by glacierparkcollection.com They also have a small motel near the Lake McDonald lodge.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 12:40
NJ
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
56 reviews
3. Re: Last minute plans

Look for places near Hungry Horse, MT

Glacier National...
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Last minute plans

August is a great time of year to visit the park, and there are a number of accommodations in West Glacier - have you checked out the Glacier Guides Guest House? There is room there the last week of August. There is also limited availability at our Lodge, but it can be hard to put it together on the internet, as we block the last available room from online booking to ensure we don't overbook! Best way to check is to call our office at 406-387-5555. Have a great trip to Glacier!

Reply to: Last minute plans
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about West Glacier