We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must see hikes in Glacier National Park

Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Must see hikes in Glacier National Park

I will be visiting the national park. I would like to know about the must see best hikes. I will traveling in different areas of the national park. I would like to know the where I could find the most beautiful scenery and nice mountain ranges. I will be taking a nice drive too, so if you know of the best scenic drives too that would be helpful too. This will be my first time there and would like to make the best of it. Thank you in advance for your answers.

indiana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
106 reviews
1. Re: Must see hikes in Glacier National Park

When are you visiting? Some of the higher elevation trails will be snow covered till mid July. Most think that part of the Highline, Grinnell Glacier, and HIdden Lake Overlook are not to be missed. Iceberg Lake, Siyeh Pass are also scenic. It depends on your abilities also. There are trails from one mile and up. Check these sites. enjoyyourparks.com/GlacierParkTopTen10.html and http://hikinginglacier.com/ and https://www.hike734.com/ The GTTSR across the park is the most scenic drive, but isn't open yet. It usually opens by July and closes sometime in October.. There are also roads into Many Glacier, Two Medicine and Cut Bank. The area of the park known as the North Fork is accessible only by rough, gravel roads and is more remote.

Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Must see hikes in Glacier National Park

Thank you very much for you reply. I will be there the second week in August.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
3. Re: Must see hikes in Glacier National Park

I'm going next week. Do you know if GTTS Rd is open? I had new replacement surgery about 4 months ago so all but the shortest hikes will be out of the question for me.

indiana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
106 reviews
4. Re: Must see hikes in Glacier National Park

The road is open. It opened the end of June. Visit www.nps.gov/glac for info on road and park activities. 'This has a list of easy trails enjoyyourparks.com/EasyGlacierParkHikes.html

Edited: 15 July 2017, 13:30
Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,519 posts
114 reviews
5. Re: Must see hikes in Glacier National Park

What is your hiking ability? Lots of great trails but some have more elevation gain and loss and many in the ten miles range. Also, get bear spray!

Scottsdale, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Must see hikes in Glacier National Park

We went to Glacier today. We arrived at West Glacier park entrance ($30 vehicle fee) early 8 am to miss congestion. We had no problem getting to Logan Pass without much traffic but could not find a parking place. I highly suggest the free shuttle that leaves Apgar Visitor Center near entrance! Hidden Lake is a moderate 3 mile hike at Logan Pass. Closer in is the Avanlache Lake trail which is family friendly and 4 mile RT. You can get a shuttle to Avalanche as well but we fortunately found a parking spot right away.

7. Re: Must see hikes in Glacier National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2018, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about West Glacier