We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is fort smith safe?

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Is fort smith safe?

Hi all. I am planning to travel to the United States, fort smith, arkansas to be specific. I will be travelling alone, no particular reason just to do some sight seeing. Is this a safe city?

16 replies to this topic
Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,694 posts
7 reviews
11. Re: Is fort smith safe?

I agree. I go once a year on business. Very nice downtown as well.

Fort Smith, Arkansas
1 post
12. Re: Is fort smith safe?

Hi, it's July, and you may have visited or moved to FS by now. Overall, count on difficulty finding work, a town divided by races, old elites that own the town, criminals in every level of the socioeconomics here, judgmental and ruthless on every level whether rich, poor, or middle class. Just telling the truth. Been here 17 years but trapped, so to speak.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
146 posts
13. Re: Is fort smith safe?

"Hi, it's July, and you may have visited or moved to FS by now."

I'd expect so. He asked back in 2012.

Little Rock...
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
367 posts
129 reviews
14. Re: Is fort smith safe?

Why is this topic still open?

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
15. Re: Is fort smith safe?

Rolandos has reopened in a new location in Fort Smith.

16. Re: Is fort smith safe?

Fort Smith is safe, racist, homey, ghetto, and other things. It is a city spread over 64.6 square miles and has many different areas. It is also quite segregated with most of the black, Hispanic, and Asian population living north of Grand avenue. Knowing this could avoid racism or help you feel "safe" depending on you. I would sadly say racism is alive and well in the city but we are moving away from it (Changing school mascot etc). You could easily encounter it or not depending on luck. But your average resident is definitely not racist.

Reply to: Is fort smith safe?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort Smith