We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit in September

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
97 reviews
Visit in September

Four of us are visiting Savannah on a road trip in September and on our last night there Elton John is appearing. I have looked on numerous websites (none of the regular ones likes Stubhub and Ticketmaster) are selling tickets. Can anyone advise as to the reliability of ticket sites like Excite and Vividseats? I'm sorry if this is not a normal 'holiday' query, but I would hate to be $239 a ticket to find out they are fraudulent in some way!!! Thanks for any advice.

Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
97 reviews
1. Re: Visit in September

Vivid seats is fine but they charge hidden fees that show up at checkout. Most secondary ticket retailers do the same.Looks like tickets are available directly from the Savannah Civic Center but not sure what delivery method is available to the UK.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19,767 posts
95 reviews
2. Re: Visit in September

He's performing at the Savannah Civic Center. There are tickets available at their website -

http://savannahcivic.com/event/elton-john/

I would buy from the original source.

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
97 reviews
3. Re: Visit in September

Thankyou! I'll have to phone as they are only selling to US or Canada residents!!

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
97 reviews
4. Re: Visit in September

And Germany apparently but not the UK! Seems strange!!

Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
97 reviews
5. Re: Visit in September

Call them.....they might not ship the tickets to the UK but I cannot see why you could not give your credit card and request "will call" at the small fee of $2.50 per ticket. I agree about going to thje direct source for tickets!

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
97 reviews
6. Re: Visit in September

Yes I will call them tomorrow! Thanks everyone!

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
97 reviews
7. Re: Visit in September

For your information I called the box office number on the Savannah Civic Centre website and got through to Etix.com - but the wait was so long it's costing me so much in telephone calls I may just have to buy them from StubHub and pay the ridiculous prices they are asking!!!

8. Re: Visit in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2017, 05:17