We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Rams Head Live - need hotel

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Going to Rams Head Live - need hotel

My husband & I are going to a concert at the Rams Head in January & want to stay over rather than driving back to DC. Any recommendations for a hotel w/in walking distance that isn't too pricey, and doesn't cost an arm & a leg to park? Thanks!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,366 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Rams Head Live - need hotel

not sure what isn't too pricey or what the going rate for an arm and a leg may be. There are alot of hotels within walking distance- especially the Harbor East area. Suggestion. Check out hotels.com first and after you get some rates, if you want comments on the hotels, you may get some good advise.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
994 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Rams Head Live - need hotel

Without knowing your budget, I can tell you that Baltimore hotels are usually considerably less expensive than DC hotels.

I would suggest the Hotel Monaco, which is just under half a mile from the Rams Head. I've not stayed there, but it's part of the Kimpton chain - really funky, unique boutique hotels.

Enjoy!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,208 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Rams Head Live - need hotel

I wouldn't limit your search to hotels in walking distance. Cab fares in Baltimore are pretty reasonable and cabs are always lined up by the Rams Head at the end of shows.

You can get more specific advice if you post the date of your stay as well as what your budget is. "Not too pricey" can mean different things to different people.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
832 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Rams Head Live - need hotel

I would just priceline to find something inexpensive in the inner harbor/harbor east area. have fun

Gaithersburg
Level Contributor
700 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Rams Head Live - need hotel

I recently stayed here. It is within walking distance.

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,692 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Rams Head Live - need hotel

I've stayed at both the Courtyard Marriott and Hilton Garden Inn which are both on the same side of the harbor as Rams Head. I would stay at either again without hesitation, rooms are often available for about $100/night. It is about a 3-4 block walk from either of those.

You can also try the Renaissance which is very nice but more pricey. The harbor view rooms do have a great view. We are staying at the Hilton which is on the other side of the harbor NYE. Rooms were available starting at $99 - with the economy being what it is there are a lot of good deals out there.

Beaufort, South...
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to Rams Head Live - need hotel

Check out www.travelzoo.com They have a $79.00/night thru Jan. 31 at the Radisson Plaza Inner Harbor in Baltimore. Next time please let us know how much an arm and a leg are, as prices for these parts seem to fluctuate drastically. Just a joke, but knowing a monetary figure when you seek assistance sure helps those who want to help you.

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to Rams Head Live - need hotel

Priceline is the way to go for the Inner Harbor. Won the 4* Hotel Monaco for $72 on New Years. Never paid more than $80 in the past and that includes the Waterfront Marriott and the Renaissance.

Edited: 30 December 2009, 04:54
9. Re: Going to Rams Head Live - need hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2010, 05:16