We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations near Odenton-Annapolis

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
11 posts
Save Topic
Accomodations near Odenton-Annapolis

My son will be doing a college intership with a company in Odenton this summer and I'm planning a trip to visit. I will be arriving Friday, July 18 and was wondering about nice places to stay in the vacinity. Is Annapolis the closest large city to Odenton? Any advice on accomodations and must see and must dos, let me know. Thanks! Jill

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
680 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodations near Odenton-Annapolis

Not much in Odenton - I think Annapolis is your best bet - about twenty minutes from the center of Odenton, which is "famous" for what it's name spells backwards (essentially, "nuthin a do" - LOL). However, if you like bigger cities, Odenton is about equal distance from Baltimore and DC and only slightly closer to Annappolis - take your pick.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
90 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodations near Odenton-Annapolis

From a distance-to-Odenton standpoint, your best bets are the hotels at BWI airport. But there's nothing to do near the hotels; you would have to drive anywhere you go.

In Annapolis, I would stay at the Calvert House or Maryland Inn. City center, historic hotels, walk everywhere.

http://www.historicinnsofannapolis.com/

In Baltimore, great rates are often available at the Tremont.www.tremontsuitehotels.com

I wouldn't stay in DC; hotel rates are through the roof.

As far as what to do, tour the Naval Academy in Annapolis. Visit Ft. McHenry in Baltimore. Also, the aquarium in Baltimore is unbelievable. Have steamed crabs at Obrycki's.

Crofton, Maryland
Level Contributor
64 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodations near Odenton-Annapolis

If he's going to be at NSA/Fort Meade for the internship the closest hotel to that locale is the Marriott Courtyard Fort Meade at National Business Park. There's nothing to do in the immediate vicinity but it's convenient to I-95 and I-295 and RT. 32, so you can easily drive to DC, Baltimore or Annapolis. Of the three, Annapolis is the closest larger city.

Another option for close locations would be the hotels at Arundel Mills mall - lots of shopping and restaurants, including a Medieval Times, but not much in the way of tourist options. There's a Hampton Inn and Marriott Residence Inn.

Indiana
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodations near Odenton-Annapolis

Thanks for all the great info. I believe Fort Meade is basically next to his apartment complex where he'll be staying. If you can think of anything else I should know - I love to explore and sightsee. Thanks again

5. Re: Accomodations near Odenton-Annapolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 13:18