We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eastern State Penitentiary guided tours....any suggestions

Cincinnati, oh
Level Contributor
197 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Eastern State Penitentiary guided tours....any suggestions

I am visiting next month and can basically do any of the 3 regular guided tours or an audio tour. I prefer a guided tour normally, but am not sure which tour is the most interesting.(I know that subjective of course).

Has anyone taken any or all of the guided tours? (Life Behind the Walls, Escape, or Prison Uprisings)

If so can you offer any suggestions if you can only do one of them?

Thanks!

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,544 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eastern State Penitentiary guided tours....any suggestions

I have not done them myself, but have heard from those who have that Life Behind the Walls seems to be the most interesting of the batch.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eastern State Penitentiary guided tours....any suggestions

I think in November you can only do guided tours, the audio option is not available then as far as I know. I can tell you that it can be quite cold there in the winter so be sure to dress appropriately (no heat except from some space heaters in one area). I have taken the guided tours but honestly cannot say which ones I took. I much prefer self guided as I like to take lots of pictures and go at my own pace but the guided tours are good to.

3. Re: Eastern State Penitentiary guided tours....any suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2010, 06:17