We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Devil's tower during Sturgis bike rally

Ontario
Level Contributor
123 posts
140 reviews
Travelling to Devil's tower during Sturgis bike rally

Just wondering how busy it will be and how much time to allow for getting their during Sturgis bike week. We will be driving a vehicle in on Aug 7, not a motorcycle and I have read that it can be quite busy. We will be starting from Newcastle going to Devil's Tower and then heading to Riverton for the night on our way to Yellowstone.

We drive motorcycles so the bikes won't bother us, just want to plan timing.

Thanks in advance!

3 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
21,083 posts
451 reviews
1. Re: Travelling to Devil's tower during Sturgis bike rally

We regularly go through that region during the general time of Sturgis on our annual trip from Utah back to Wisconsin. We've never had an issue with motorcycles delaying us at all. There's a lot of space out there. Yes, Sturgis and the immediate area will be very busy. But I would be very surprised if you encountered delays traveling from Newcastle to Devil's Tower and surely not from there to Riverton.

Maybe build in a small factor but I don't feel that it will be a big issue. We find it all quite exhilirating, just as we do Easter Jeep Safari in Moab.

Have fun.

Ontario
Level Contributor
123 posts
140 reviews
2. Re: Travelling to Devil's tower during Sturgis bike rally

Thanks, appreciate the information.

Burlington, Iowa...
Level Contributor
619 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Travelling to Devil's tower during Sturgis bike rally

The only issue we came across was finding lodging. We weren't sure how far we would want to drive on our first day headed home so we had no reservations and forgot about Sturgis. As long as you have your reservations you should be fine.

Reply to: Travelling to Devil's tower during Sturgis bike rally
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Devils Tower