We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop at devils tower or straight to Cody?

Carterville...
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Stop at devils tower or straight to Cody?

We are leaving in the morning from Keystone SD and planning on either heading to see Devils Tower and then on to Buffalo Wy for the night or straight to Cody Wy. I am a little concerned about not having enough to do by only stopping at Devils Tower. My boys are 14 and 12. Any neat fishing spots we could stop after Devils Tower on our way to Buffalo or should be bypass Devils Tower and head straight to Cody for 2 days instead of one?

Mentioned in this post
Keystone
Keystone
South Dakota
Cody
Cody
Wyoming
4 replies to this topic
Madison, WI
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stop at devils tower or straight to Cody?

I think Devils Tower is well worth a stop. Last summer on my Western road trip I stopped there and stayed overnight at the Occidental Hotel in Buffalo. Really a cool historic hotel with great restaurant and saloon. I liked it so much I'm going back next summer.

http://www.occidentalwyoming.com/

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
32,790 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stop at devils tower or straight to Cody?

Oh yes worth a stop for sure. I had a friend's son in the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind and it was made at Devils Tower. It was interesting no matter the movie connection.

Cody is awesome too!

Mentioned in this post
Cody
Cody
Wyoming
Madison, WI
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stop at devils tower or straight to Cody?

There is also a cool prairie dog town on the entrance road to the tower...your guys and you will enjoy that.

Carterville...
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stop at devils tower or straight to Cody?

Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it.

Reply to: Stop at devils tower or straight to Cody?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Devils Tower