We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irish Pubs

Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Irish Pubs

Anyone know of any real proper irish pubs in manhattan that'd be worth going to for a few pints in the evening?i'm staying on 30th street so any good bars not too distant from there would be good.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Irish Pubs

30th and what? You always want to give the cross strret (in this case avenue). Here is a guide to Irish pubs in New York that includes 30th Street.

http://www.murphguide.com/irish.htm#14-59

Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Irish Pubs

I'm staying on east 30th street.I think that's pretty close to times square so anywhere round there.I hear mcsorleys is goodm but i know that's downtown

Florida
Level Contributor
791 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Irish Pubs

Have been to Paddy Reilly's on 2nd Ave and 29th a few times and enjoyed the food, music and of course a few pints. Like most places in NYC an after work crowd, but great fun. Go to newyork.citysearch.com which will give you feedback on all taverns/pubs etc with maps. McSorleys can be a great experience one night and a nightmare the next, depending on the crowd. JMHO

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Irish Pubs

Times Square is on the West Side, 42nd Street. For Proper Irish pubs, I would avoid Times Square

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Irish Pubs

You were asked for a cross street, but still did not give one. East 30th Street is a mile long. I don't know why you expect anyone to help you when you repeatedly don't give the information necessary to allow it, even after you have been told what those who would help you need to know.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Irish Pubs

bc24 - - help yourself (seeing you did not give us a cross street yet) by using a search engine i.e. GOOGLE; type in Irish Pubs NYC - or go to murphsguide.com.

And do remember that if you do really seek the best information from the Forum, be sure you state all the information on where you are staying both street and avenue!!!!!!

Poppa

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
775 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Irish Pubs

You must go to Molly's Pub & Shebeen on 3rd Ave and 22nd Street.

Please don't hang out in Times Square.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Irish Pubs

Hi bc24. If it's the East side, Paddy Reillys is good. The only beer on tap is Guinness. They have Smthwicks and others in bottles. A walk along 3rd Ave. in that area will find you more trendy local bars. Further West I'd say Mustang Harrys or Mustang Sallys. Cheers.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Irish Pubs

Hi. Of course there are many more, but right in the middle around there is Rocky Sullivan's. Check out jimmysbest.com. Cheers.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Irish Pubs

Mustang Harry's and Mustang Sally's aren't really good Irish pubs, imho, compared to the great places already mentioned. Harry's esp is kind of a dump. Instead, go to Molly Wee Pub nearby.

Jimmy's Best (mentioned above) is a great website. Go for it!