We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in late February

uk
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in late February

How cold is the weather in February? I know it will be very cold, but will it be too cold for sightseeing on foot?

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in late February

I'd say not - I've been early March twice and whilst it was cold - t-shirt, fleece, coat, hat n scarf weather it never stopped us :)

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in late February

This is an impossible question to answer.

Are you tolerant of cold?

Weather changes day to day, so even historic data is not going to give you an idea of what conditions will be like during your visit.

Saying that, historically, February is a cold month.

Layering clothing is your best bet.

But as for sightseeing or other activities it's all dependant on your physical makeup and deameanor.

Check the Weather Channel web site a few days before your visit for more timely forecasts.

Poppa

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in late February

Also, February is the snowiest month of the year. Think in terms of 28 inch (2/3 meter) snowfalls.

Dress warm.

4. Re: Weather in late February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 09:19