We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel?

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
225 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel?

Hi,

Can anyone please advise which hotel is best?

Ramada plaza NY

Hilton New York

Shoreham

Murray Hill East Suite

Raddison Lexington

Cosmopolitan Hotel

We are a couple in our mid 20s.

Comfy beds and good location are most important to us

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,032 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel?

Well the Ramada Plaza NY is not in Manhattan. It's at La Guardia airport. So cross that off the list. The Raddison gets dreadful reviews.

I'd rank the remaining hotels as follows

Shoreham- nice midtown hotel with modern rooms in a good location. Smaller, boutique type hotel.

Hilton NY- similar location to above in midtown. BIG tour/convention type hotel but nice.

Murray Hill East Suite- as the name implies, a suite hotel so you'd likely get a room with a small kitchen and maybe some extra space. It's in a good midtown location, but a bit quieter than above.

Cosmopolitan- a modern/trendy BUDGET hotel in Tribeca which is downtown nearer Wall St., Chinatown, Little Italy. It's a fun area but not considered as central.

Since this list is all over the place in terms of quality and type of hotel, I'm curious where the list comes from? Are these options part of a package? Are the prices all the same? They can't possibly be.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
225 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel?

Thanks for that info.

I am checking loads of websites to try and get a good deal in a decent hotel and I think I am finding good prices for the hotels I mentioned.

Think I will go with Hilton or Shoreham

Thanks again

3. Re: which hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2006, 16:39
california
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel?

I'd like for anyone to note when suggesting a hotel whether they have stayed there themselves or are just quoting reviews. HOWEVER, why be so nasty about the issue?

NY
Level Contributor
743 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel?

try chelsea savoy.. we stayed there last trip in.. were VERY surprised how nice and reasonable it was...

too bad I cant suggest grammery hotel.. we stayed there just before it closed for renovations.. we LOVED it..especially the bar.. but I just checked (for another trip) and its re-opened, but VERY expensive! (400-500/night!) sad.

6. Re: which hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 17:22